DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

Orders direct from DJI now only taking 3-5 days (according to their web site)
Surely this means that small re-sellers will start receiving a bunch of stock soon? can anyone confirm this?
I need mine by 27/1/16 because i want to take it away with me. (ordered 16th Oct lol)

G'day everyone,

Area I fly in for practice and having time to change various settings is a large footy field; usually after work as the sun is starting to go down I've observed this behaviour.

When flying towards setting sun at a certain angle (usually when I'm coming out of a turn) the collision avoidence just bam kicks in when in the centre of empty field.

No biggie, just totally took me by surprise. several more flights doing same thing confirmed this, so just sharing my experience.

Received a DJI Mavic Pro and straight from the box, appeared to have a used screw on the rear leg, or may have even been a refurbished drone but, so far, customer service have been good and opened a case and TNT have picked up the DJI Mavic Pro for service on 11/1. My question is for the people who have had to deal with repairs or services from the centre in Burwood, Victoria.

Approximately how long does it take, what was the system and turn around like and was it as hassle free as possible. According to the con note by the courier the item was "delivered" on 12/1/17 but to date the service/repauid details have not been updated yet. The operator I have been emailing says they have requested a replacement but my one fear is that since there is still a shortage in supply for the DJI Mavic Pro, is that the whole process takes a month, or even more, to complete.

Or worse, I receive another refurbished drone. Just looking for some consumer confidence and comments from previous forum users who may have gone through the same thing.

G'day everyone,

Area I fly in for practice and having time to change various settings is a large footy field; usually after work as the sun is starting to go down I've observed this behaviour.

When flying towards setting sun at a certain angle (usually when I'm coming out of a turn) the collision avoidence just bam kicks in when in the centre of empty field.

No biggie, just totally took me by surprise. several more flights doing same thing confirmed this, so just sharing my experience.

I've had this happen as well and has been reported a fair bit by others in the forums. Seems the collision avoidance gets confused from the sun glare and/or reflections.

Do you fly around the bay? I was thinking taking a trip there to fly to get some water shots as Wynnum is in a NFZ.

I have not flown around the bay but know that many people have flown at Wellington Point. Also seen a video at Manly harbour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HI All,
From the Ballina/Byron area.
Ordered though DJI when they advised they finally had stock. Pretty much overnight from China to Sydney were it has sat since last Wednesday. Have asked DHL to chase it up. Customs Clearance Delay apparently. DHL said DJI had price as $2000 instead of $2199. Pretty annoying... Just want to get it and have a crack.
Gives me time to look into the Marco Polo trackers, cant find anyone in Aus that stocks them.
Renno

Reactions: M4RK
HI All,
From the Ballina/Byron area.
Ordered though DJI when they advised they finally had stock. Pretty much overnight from China to Sydney were it has sat since last Wednesday. Have asked DHL to chase it up. Customs Clearance Delay apparently. DHL said DJI had price as $2000 instead of $2199. Pretty annoying... Just want to get it and have a crack.
Gives me time to look into the Marco Polo trackers, cant find anyone in Aus that stocks them.
Renno

Hey mate when did you order and when did it arrive?
im thinking about grabbing on direct from DJI

I ordered on the 6th Jan after DJI said they finally had more stock. Hopefully get it tomorrow, has been finally cleared. Was pretty good apart from it sitting in customs since last Wednesday......
Renno

I feel bad for people who have pre-ordered from a reseller and might still wait longer than those who have recently ordered direct from DJI. Anybody in that situation?

Reactions: Sarge
I feel bad for people who have pre-ordered from a reseller and might still wait longer than those who have recently ordered direct from DJI. Anybody in that situation?

I ordered from JBHIFI on the 4th January. I contacted them on Monday 16th for an update. They advised me that they do not purchase from DJI directly, but through a distributor.
whom advised that there is still a shortage, and cannot provide further info at this time. I can't whinge too much as I hav'nt been waiting anywhere near as long as many
others, just wish they could give a date at least.

That sucks :( If you're able to get a refund feel free to use the link in my signature to purchase direct from DJI. Looks like direct to DJI is the way to go until the resellers get stock from their distributors.

BTW, you'll get better support from guys like me who have affiliate links than JB HiFi. I've built a few drones from scratch, fly regularly and am happy to troubleshoot. I'm based in Melbourne FWIW :)

Thanks for the offer Chris. Refund is unfortunately out of the question as I paid with a substantial gift card (Courtesy of my wife, whom gave said gift with the assumption i was going to purchase a new ipad or laptop)... and Credit card. of which I have not told her about said drone yet.. JB told me they wont refund the full value back to my card, but would need to be re-split. So I am just going to have to suck it up for now and wait and see.

Hopefully they ship ASAP!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada