DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

Hi guys. Live in the Illawarra and just got my first drone. Mavic pro. Got it from Rise Above and love it. Heading out in the morning around Minnamurra for an early fly

Congrats, thenguys from Rise above are quite helpfull :)

Just picked up a Mavic Pro from JB a few days ago.

Taken her out a few times and looking forward to doing more.

Located Perth Western Australia

Hi guys. Live in the Illawarra and just got my first drone. Mavic pro. Got it from Rise Above and love it. Heading out in the morning around Minnamurra for an early fly
Hi. Minnamurra spit is a great place to fly. Been flying my mavic there for a while. Enjoy

Alright guys, so weekend is getting closer.
Any plans of good spot to flight?

I was thinking of hunting for some wind farms :D

I'm heading to Bluff Knoll in the Stirling ranges this weekend.

May also head down to Albany time allowing.

There's some good wind farms there.

So they just update the "Can I fly there App" wel they could just put a red blob on top of all syd. They just extended the whole exclusion areas further than 5km from the airport it seems. Not that it affects me but looks like they are increasingly reducing our allowed flight areas.

79c3c23fc0c92f235e0809ae5171c730.jpg

good day everyone, im a relatively new mavic pilot, cut my teeth with a $70 rc from eBay, loving the mavic pro. richmond nsw.

I'm heading to Bluff Knoll in the Stirling ranges this weekend.

May also head down to Albany time allowing.

There's some good wind farms there.
Got the go ahead from Department of Parks and Wildlife? Lots of national park down that way and lots of trigger happy rangers

Got the go ahead from Department of Parks and Wildlife? Lots of national park down that way and lots of trigger happy rangers

Public area mate, it's not a no fly zone.

What would the rangers be able to do ?

Public area mate, it's not a no fly zone.

What would the rangers be able to do ?
It is a no fly zone unless you have permission to fly there, do not solely rely on dji or casa app to tell you if you can or can't fly there.

They can fine you, several albany fliers have spoken to the rangers in the past and they're always on the look out

Remotely piloted aircraft - Parks and Wildlife Service

Reactions: Durx
It is a no fly zone unless you have permission to fly there, do not solely rely on dji or casa app to tell you if you can or can't fly there.

They can fine you, several albany fliers have spoken to the rangers in the past and they're always on the look out

Remotely piloted aircraft - Parks and Wildlife Service

Thanks mate interesting.

I wonder if a ranger had any power should you refuse to supply your details ?

Thanks mate interesting.

I wonder if a ranger had any power should you refuse to supply your details ?
Yeah mate, if they're anything like the City of Stirling rangers (and I believe they would be from what I've heard) they've got a surprising amount of authority, a bit like the transit guards, bit ridiculous really.

But at the end of the day, all you gotta do is ring the local office to get the yay or nay, not that hard to keep them happy

Newbie here.

I picked up my Mavic Pro on Tuesday night and all I've done so far is unboxed it. Have to say that the packaging is first class!

Just noticed Ebay has 20% off on some items and there are some Mavic Pros included in that.

Another newby.
I'm in Darwin. Picked it up on the weekend and have had a play around the yard.
Been reading as much as I can at the moment and keen to get some time up in the air this weekend.

Cairnsy

Another newby.
I'm in Darwin. Picked it up on the weekend and have had a play around the yard.
Been reading as much as I can at the moment and keen to get some time up in the air this weekend.

Cairnsy

Take it over Inpex.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun