DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

I'm in Bendigo Victoria . Had my Mavic pro for 6 months now and think it is fantastic !get upset if i can't fly at least once a day . been wondering if there are any other Bendigo flyers interested in linking up ? would be interesting to swap ideas .. cant work out your waiting problem , harvey norman and camera shop all have mavic pro for sale in Bendigo...

Last edited:
Hey all,
I'm from Melbourne Victoria. Have been flying my Mavic pro for sometime now and have tried to take a photo of the sunset each day (thepassiona is my instagram). I do work at a drone store (d1store) so feel free to ask me questions/quotes on any DJI/PGYTECH items as I am more than happy to help all the drone flyers out. It's a shame drone laws in Victoria are getting stricter with parks victoria and councils enacting bans on drones.

Hey all,
I'm from Melbourne Victoria. Have been flying my Mavic pro for sometime now and have tried to take a photo of the sunset each day (thepassiona is my instagram). I do work at a drone store (d1store) so feel free to ask me questions/quotes on any DJI/PGYTECH items as I am more than happy to help all the drone flyers out. It's a shame drone laws in Victoria are getting stricter with parks victoria and councils enacting bans on drones.

What we need is for someone to take them on. As i posted elsewhere my local council has legal advise they do not have the powers.

My non lawyer understanding is that the states handed over ALL powers related to aviation to the Commonwealth
Only CSSA can regulate their use. Oneday someone will sort it out in the High Court.

Reactions: changedmymind
It's a shame drone laws in Victoria are getting stricter with parks victoria and councils enacting bans on drones.

I presume you are talking about the nonsensical bylaw Casey introduced?

it's a knee-jerk reaction (and typically from a bunch of old people who don't understand the subject) to people doing dumb stuff (actually or potentially) like flying over houses in the suburbs. responsible UAV pilots will understand why non-pilots will have privacy and safety worries about that, and regardless of how unlikely or unfounded they are - it's too easy to just say "no" if given any cause for concern.

I presume you are talking about the nonsensical bylaw Casey introduced?

it's a knee-jerk reaction (and typically from a bunch of old people who don't understand the subject) to people doing dumb stuff (actually or potentially) like flying over houses in the suburbs. responsible UAV pilots will understand why non-pilots will have privacy and safety worries about that, and regardless of how unlikely or unfounded they are - it's too easy to just say "no" if given any cause for concern.
Councils do not have the power to regulate drones. All power to regulate aviation was handed over to the Commonwealth by the states.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60