DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

the rule seems pretty simple. I disagree with it. there's no need to maintain LOS with your aircraft (e.g. if it flies behind you, no different to beyond visual range) and once you can't see the aircraft, FPV is a considerable improvement on nothing.

old men that wear ties to bed making decisions about stuff they don't understand, based on unfounded concerns from people with no experience and negative attitudes.

G-Day to all my fellow dronies (& dronies to be) from all around the world, Please allow me to introduce myself... I love life, my wife, Harleys and now DRONES. I am a late starter at 56yo, living in the Central Wheatbelt of Western Australia. I have been bitten by the drone bug big time!

About three months ago I purchased a good second-hand Mighty Mavic Pro from a chap on gumtree and honestly love everything about this new found "Joy-Toy" (not so much a toy). The research, planning, setting up, flying, filming, editing and producing quality content, continuously adding to my collection for a possible future YouTube channel (watch this space).

I do look forward to making new (like minded) friends from Mavicpilots and to share and learn together as we all hone our droning skills. I have posted a couple of photos of my MP-FERRARI EDITION 2018. check it out and let me know what you think. please feel free to message me and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

My Time is spent slowly restoring/renovating a 110yo cottage along with getting out there every opportunity I get to Fly Fly Fly & Fly some more and now supporting this website as much as I can.

If you like what I have done, please give me a thumbs up, I want to earn more stars on my profile. Thank you

I got the wrap from: WRAPGRADE.JP

Until the next time...Cheers Spike

Attachments

• IMG_E0589.JPG
    IMG_E0589.JPG
    362.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_E0530.JPG
    IMG_E0530.JPG
    466.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    509.2 KB · Views: 39
when HN are on sale (like now) the price is the same as JB but you can put it on interest free for up to 5 years.

I got mine during the Chinese new year sale, they're actually cheaper now.

My local council intended to ban drones along with cars and boats in their parks. They did not go ahead with banning drones as they had legal advice that they did not have the powers to do so.

I would love to see the advice and the reasoning.

so would I, you must live in Mandurah WA

Thx. Nice and close. I work in Mandurah. Perhaps we could catch up someday. I’m a real novice, so would certainly appreciate any tips you may have as well as any footage/photos you care to share.

Hi PKflyer, sent you a PM

Hi , peter here from newcastle nsw. this is my first drone, mavic pro platinum. come from a background of planes and helis. Seem to be having some probs at the moment though with the mavic camera. hopefully get it sorted out soon so i can get into so good video and pics.

G'day Pete!
What seems to be the issue with the camera??
Hey simmo, didn't know there was an Australian forum too, will have to join that one as well.
As far as the camera goes, I am getting very choppy footage when panning using rudder . If I fly forward or sideways at whatever speed footage is perfect. But if I sit in one position and rudder left or right the footage is bad. If I slow down to the slowest possible speed to turn it cleans up a bit . I don't remember it doing it on the first couple of flights,and I have been playing with the settings so not sure if it is something there.
Shooting 4K
New mem card Sandisk pro , semi high end. Does it with original mem card too
Cinelike I think
Have filters and been setting iso and shutter to suit but does it on auto as well
Set to sunny or cloudy depending on day
And something like -1 -1 1 from memory but might have to double check
Any ideas help would be great. Have already had to send the battery back because it dropped a cell and hoping not to have to send the unit back.

Hey mate there's a few tutorials out there that might help you?
This ones not bad....

I also ordered from Elk in Freo, this product is very popular so I am prepared to play the waiting game, can't do much else really. ;)
I walked in harvey norman and left with a new mavic pro fly more pack EASY AS..

G’day everyone, just what I find to be a funny thought that at least someone will relate to. First I’m in the Skippy region of the Northern Beaches in Sydney, so therefore on tank water. We had been buying bulk water for quite a few months during that dry weather. I buy my Mavic, of course it virtually rains for a month with only sporadic flight opportunities since then. I feel like the UN should be flying me around to drought stricken regions in Africa. Way more powerful than any rain dance.

Looks like a beautiful day now though, I’m really sorry if you’re planning a barbecue but I will be flying today.

Reactions: TKR_Bones
Hi All,
Just adding to the list of Aussie pilots. Am located in Lilydale Vic and bought my Mavic from Camera House Croydon in Dec 2016. So far had a few frights but no crashes. Most of the problems I have are with ultra low flying aircraft from Lilydale airport. They crest a rise behind my property at under 100 feet AGL (they are supposed to over 500 feet because I am not on the approach path and over 5km from the airport).

Hiya Roomies... A maivc pro user from Craigieburn, Victoria. Bought it off a chap from Gumtree. Crashed it once from half a meter while testing the sport mode in my garage on its first day (I know very bad idea). Got a couple of scratches but no other damage. Got the motor error once after but none after that. Just wondering if we have a drone meet up in Victoria. Would love to meet like minded flyers.

Reactions: EJay
old men that wear ties to bed making decisions about stuff they don't understand, based on unfounded concerns from people with no experience and negative attitudes.

not really true
CASA have a team of people on an advisory board that are from all facets of the "drone" sector. From facebook-hobby sites, industry, education. MAAA and drone racing organisers. They are trying their best to keep regulations fair, safe and hardest of all, current with the technologies available. This is an area of our airspace that is being used by more and more people from all walks of life, so it is always going to be difficult to keep everyone happy and safe

Reactions: Simmo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11