DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

Reactions: wombat
I was given a Mavic 2 Pro as a retirement present. I've retired from flying airliners, so the Mavic is around 1/600,000th of the weight of my last ride.

Very cool gift, nice of your work colleagues to give you something so appropriate.
Enjoy the Mavic, and welcome to the forum too.

Reactions: Simmo
Any of you guys know the current rules for drone flying in New Zealand, think of going there again.
Many rules for flying drones there and they are kind of confusing as some are contradictory, depending on the source. The practice of flying drones seems more open, as long as you don't do anything stupid and stay away from crowds, main national park zones, copters, airports.

Hi All,
Based in Melbourne, have a Parrott Mambo ( its my inside relief flying!!!!!) Spark and Pro 2; still learning the ropes and love all things to do with DJI !!!!

Reactions: deleted member 877
I felt like we should have one central location for Australian Mavic Flyers, so that we don't feel so isolated.

So, Aussie flyers, introduce yourself, state where you are from and feel free to ask or comment on anything DJI Mavic.

I'm from Adelaide by the way.

Hi All,
Based in Melbourne, have a Parrott Mambo ( its my inside relief flying!!!!!) Spark and Pro 2; still learning the ropes and love all things to do with DJI !!!!
Hi I'm a newbie...just bought my Mavic pro and based in Mackay, Queensland. Complete novice here just learning the ropes.
?. This whole forum has been really helpful. ?

Welcome JSM, and Kaz . . . I have a son in Melbourne, and a nephew in Mackay !
I grew up in Bowen Kaz, some nice place up there in NQ to film . . . and lucky you, in QLD all the National Parks are ok to fly to CASA guidelines :)

Reactions: Kaz Mavic Pro
Welcome JSM, and Kaz . . . I have a son in Melbourne, and a nephew in Mackay !
I grew up in Bowen Kaz, some nice place up there in NQ to film . . . and lucky you, in QLD all the National Parks are ok to fly to CASA guidelines :)
Hi there ?
Thanks for your reply! Ok. I'm super interested here! I was of the understanding that national parks were no fly zones? Did I get that wrong? The parks are amazing here. Would love to fly and get footage ?

Hi,

I'm fairly New to this forum. I'm from Melbourne. Previously owned a Phantom 3 Advanced until the cam stopped working.

Now I own a Mavic 2 Pro. Had it for about 3 weeks now. I Bought it from Bunnings believe it or not! Had them price match an online retailer.

Hi there ?
Thanks for your reply! Ok. I'm super interested here! I was of the understanding that national parks were no fly zones? Did I get that wrong? The parks are amazing here. Would love to fly and get footage ?

No worries mate, and the rules for National Park varies around the country . . .

QLD and WA, all good to fly to CASA rules, plus don't annoy wildlife.
NT you can apply and get relativley easily a permit to fly as a hobbyist.
NSW I believe you can approach local parks offices and ask if ok to fly (sensible simple flight plan to show you're empathetic to all visitors, and safe).
SA, VIC, and TAS are very hard to get permission as hobbyists, even licenced pilots have to jump through hoops.

Even in the banned states, you can take off from outside park boundaries, and fly OVER, but with VLOS rule, well it's still basically a ban in reality.

Hopefully that might change with upcoming hobbyist licensing and drone registration etc coming in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaz Mavic Pro
After crashing my Mavic Zoom into a mountain several months ago I'm back with a Mavic Pro now, love it!

The MP was my first drone, still love it, does what I ask and get pretty decent footage.
All I've done is put the Platinum 8331 props on it, it's so quiet, much less intrusive than my Spark.

Hi,

I'm fairly New to this forum. I'm from Melbourne. Previously owned a Phantom 3 Advanced until the cam stopped working.

Now I own a Mavic 2 Pro. Had it for about 3 weeks now. I Bought it from Bunnings believe it or not! Had them price match an online retailer.

That would be the drone I'll upgrade to, if / when I feel the need :)
Mostly for that camera.

Bunnings, now yeah ! The special orders desk can get you an amazing array of products you don't normally expect.
And usually they will beat pricing by 10% and have a great returns policy etc.

You won't see DJI instore, but go to their website and search :)
Pricing very high, but the price beat policy is there to use.

The MP was my first drone, still love it, does what I ask and get pretty decent footage.
All I've done is put the Platinum 8331 props on it, it's so quiet, much less intrusive than my Spark.

That would be the drone I'll upgrade to, if / when I feel the need :)
Mostly for that camera.

Bunnings, now yeah ! The special orders desk can get you an amazing array of products you don't normally expect.
And usually they will beat pricing by 10% and have a great returns policy etc.

You won't see DJI instore, but go to their website and search :)
Pricing very high, but the price beat policy is there to use.
I tried to get them to price beat but they will only match on special order items. Anyways I found the cheapest online price that I could find and got their price reduced by over $500

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO