DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

can someone help me with the no fly zones, I live in a NFZ according to the app i cant I fly here, does this mean the mavic 2 will not work in my home? I have attached photos of the zones.View attachment 52831

Off topic but I know Kiama well.
My wife is from there and some her family are in Albion Park
Pity about the NFZ.
I didn't think it was a major airport.

It will fly and you can do as you please, however you will be breaking the law and ‘could’ be fined. Also not a good look for other pilots who do the right thing.

Not sure if / when the data for NFZ will apply directly to the drone to prevent taking off in that area if at all in Australia. Apparently it works that way in some foreign locations
thanks for the reply, I have no intension on breaking the law, just curious about how it works, it would be handy to be able to test it in my garage before I head off, just to make sure everything is working OK, nothing wrong with that, is there?
I had problems with it when setting it up, have taken it back and waiting for a replacment, wondering if the NFZ had somthing to do with it.

looks like you are in the flight path of the airport, so to answer your question I would not attempt to fly there

he asked about flying inside his house. NFZ does not apply.

can someone help me with the no fly zones, I live in a NFZ according to the app i cant I fly here, does this mean the mavic 2 will not work in my home? I have attached photos of the zones.

mate, inside your house you will be fine. just beware you may not get a good GPS lock inside and your AC may go into ATTI mode... be prepared.

the actual geofencing enforced by the DJI app is much, much smaller than what the CASA app shows. stick your address into [the address below] and you'll see what the DJI app actually locks out.

edit - the forum software is doing some funny stuff with the URL, here it is in plaintext.

Code:
https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

he asked about flying inside his house. NFZ does not apply.

mate, inside your house you will be fine. just beware you may not get a good GPS lock inside and your AC may go into ATTI mode... be prepared.

the actual geofencing enforced by the DJI app is much, much smaller than what the CASA app shows. stick your address into [the address below] and you'll see what the DJI app actually locks out.

edit - the forum software is doing some funny stuff with the URL, here it is in plaintext.

Code:
https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
yea, I noticed that, so is the casa app the one I should obey?

Reactions: Phill
the CASA app is the legal one, and there's zero debate about that. the DJI geofencing falls a long way short of CASA regulation. I have a bunch of places I'd like to fly in the "intermediate" area that I won't, because it's not a matter of whether I could, but that I shouldn't.

but unless you've got full sized aircraft regularly flying inside your house - in which case I think you have other, more immediate issues - you can safely ignore it for indoor flying with all ethical compliance with the regulations. no flying in the back yard though.

Reactions: Phill and Jorgeo65
the CASA app is the legal one, and there's zero debate about that. the DJI geofencing falls a long way short of CASA regulation. I have a bunch of places I'd like to fly in the "intermediate" area that I won't, because it's not a matter of whether I could, but that I shouldn't.

but unless you've got full sized aircraft regularly flying inside your house - in which case I think you have other, more immediate issues - you can safely ignore it for indoor flying with all ethical compliance with the regulations. no flying in the back yard though.
thanks buddy, all I need now is my mavic, should of arrived today, but no joy. beautiful day to fly two.

Hey guys and girls, I have recently purchased a Mavic Air and I absolutely love it. I am in Brisbane and live near Jimboomba.

Good idea, I am from melbourne area
just new to drones. Had my Mavic 2 Pro for about a couple of months now

If you guys would like to check out some of the stuff I have done feel free to subscribe to my channel here
or just check out my videos without subbing if they suck :)

Reactions: Crash6
Merry Christmas guys from WA, have a great day

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato