DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mavic Pro Battery Cell Error in certain percentage

joenefloresca

Reactions
Hi guys I have a battery in my Mavic Pro which is tagged as Cell Error. but I noticed 1 thing, if the battery is 75 to 100% I have this cell error message and cannot take off. But once it reached below 75%, restart drone and check again, the error is gone and I can now fly.

I know that if you have a cell error you should replace it. But mine is only at a certain percentage. Can this still be fixed? Is it only a balancing issue that I can work on by cycling the charges? The difference is like example:

Cell 1: 4.90
Cell 2: 4.80
Cell 3. 4.90

sounds like a balance error try taking the battery down to 8% let it cool and then recharge ,have you checked to see if has any swelling

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
sounds like a balance error try taking the battery down to 8% let it cool and then recharge ,have you checked to see if has any swelling

Yup checked it and no swelling. I tried to drained and charged it to 100%. when I open it's only 95% I think but I don't have the cell error anymore. I can start the motors as well but when I check the volts. it's like the 2nd cell is .10 below. But no cell error. Like

Cell 1: 4.90
Cell 2: 4.80
Cell 3. 4.90

are you checking them in the app or airdata

could be the start of the cell going bad not much else you can do but retire it from flying ,just use it for doing settings and updates

Reactions: pelagic_one
could be the start of the cell going bad not much else you can do but retire it from flying ,just use it for doing settings and updates

Thanks for the feedback and idea. i have it checked in airdata and got this (see attachment).

I know someone who repairs dji batteries. He changes cells into a new one and he's got a lot of good feedback from people and they all saying that the repaired battery is good as new and they are flying the drone like normal.You think it's okay if I try it as well?

Attachments

• E76B5EE3-5C95-4827-B2B5-FFBB5F092C80.png
    E76B5EE3-5C95-4827-B2B5-FFBB5F092C80.png
    822.1 KB · Views: 27
i cant comment on that idea myself, its your drone and if you feel happy doing it thats your choice
for me personally it would be a no go,i would rather get a new battery and would not risk my drone with a repaired one

i cant comment on that idea myself, its your drone and if you feel happy doing it thats your choice
for me personally it would be a no go,i would rather get a new battery and would not risk my drone with a repaired one

No worries. I guess you're right though. We never know if how long the repaired battery will last or give up mid flight. Too risky. Thank u so much for the insight.

Reactions: old man mavic
I have several batteries go bad - some after only 25 charges others 60+ charges. Either way once they start to show signs of error "Cannot take off" etc you are then gambling with your expensive drone! I recently binned 3 batteries all for the same reason..........battery errors give a great indication that something is wrong so my advice would be bin the bad battery buy new one - be safe!

I have several batteries go bad - some after only 25 charges others 60+ charges. Either way once they start to show signs of error "Cannot take off" etc you are then gambling with your expensive drone! I recently binned 3 batteries all for the same reason..........battery errors give a great indication that something is wrong so my advice would be bin the bad battery buy new one - be safe!

Thanks for the feedback. I was able to charge cycle it a few times and now the error is gone and I am able to fly. But I will follow your advice not to use it in flight. Maybe just un changing settings or using it as powerbank.

although the error is gone and i can now take off, the 2nd cell is a bit off .10 volts. So maybe its balancing issue and not sure if this battery can rebalance itself but yeah i am now looking for new battery now

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin