DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 4 Pro problem with Sport mode...

robertallen

Reactions
Hi all...tried 3 seperate flights to get Sport mode to work. Drone just goes max around 22 mph. Supposed to get 35 mph? Did a hard reset and have the latest firmware update installed. Thanks in advance for any input!

Upload the flight logs to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help then post the resulting URL's here.
There are instruction for retrieval of the the logs on that page. If you can not find the logs tell us the model of controller, the type of computer that you have and, if relevant, the model of the phone/tablet.

I don't think it is relevant, the speed is wrong for what I have in mind but .......
When you switched the contoller and drone on, what position was the flight mode switch set to?
Were these flights all in one drone-switch-on?

Last edited:
Reactions: robertallen
With the Mini 2, if you had the controller set to Sports mode when you took off, It would actually be in Normal mode... I haven't tested this with the Mini 4 Pro.

With the Mini 2, if you had the controller set to Sports mode when you took off, It would actually be in Normal mode... I haven't tested this with the Mini 4 Pro.

That's true of all DJI drones. They take off in N mode regardless of the mode setting switch. It must be switch back to N and then switched to C or S to activate these modes.

Upload the flight logs to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help then post the resulting URL's here.
THere are instruction for retrieve the logs on that page. If you cna not find the logs tell us the model of controller, the type of computer that you have and, if relevant, the model of the phone/tablet.

I don't think it is relevant, the speed is wrong for what I have in mind but .......
When you switched the contoller and drone on what position was the flight mode switch set to?
Were these flights all in one drone-switch-on?
I always take off in N mode and switch to S mode when the drone is hovering.

If its really windy, you want to take off in S Mode so remember to double click into S mode.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
That's interesting, I actually though the drone had to be flying before you could switch flight modes ( My concern is about the first flight after drone switch on ) but that was/is wrong.
I switched the drone on and let it connect, did the switch (cine mode, flying indoors ) and then started the motor and launched the drone. By the angle of tilt in full joystick-twitches the drone took off in Cine mode.
We live and learn.
Thumbswayup

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4