Droniac

*see avatar: I’ve Crashed more than a Drone 🙄
Reactions
Hauntingly, DJI just emailed me…
1636496617583.png
No, doubt @phantomrain had something to do with this lmao 🤣 1636496617583.png

Reactions: tlswift58
*disconcerned of name.

Well theres your problem right there. :)
You can't get a good answer with a invalid sim brother LOL

View attachment 138078
Dandy you noticed. Lol. Touche’. It’s been happening occasionally for a couple of days and It doesn’t even send a message to mailbox. Tomorrows chore. 🤷🏻

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I am very disappointed about DJI's release performance recently. Looking back I think the Air2s was probably the smoothest of them all with a well working product from the start.

This Mavic 3 rollout seems really lacking the necessary maturity to demand the high price. It is tough to dish out between 3 to 5,000 bucks - while anticipating some future firmware upgrades to actually make the product work. Really???
Looking at the fact that they managed to mess up the Fly app (1.5.0), replacing it for all products that use it without bothering to test it? (royally screwed up Air2s and probably others).

I am/was planning to buy the M3 (probably the Cine package) but I am going to hold off and see if DJI is capable to follow through with a HUGE software/firmware upgrade.

I am very disappointed about DJI's release performance recently. Looking back I think the Air2s was probably the smoothest of them all with a well working product from the start.

This Mavic 3 rollout seems really lacking the necessary maturity to demand the high price. It is tough to dish out between 3 to 5,000 bucks - while anticipating some future firmware upgrades to actually make the product work. Really???
Looking at the fact that they managed to mess up the Fly app (1.5.0), replacing it for all products that use it without bothering to test it? (royally screwed up Air2s and probably others).

I am/was planning to buy the M3 (probably the Cine package) but I am going to hold off and see if DJI is capable to follow through with a HUGE software/firmware upgrade.
Even come delivered all ready to go. And I hear ya. And I too go big or go home and Cine package is what I’m looking at. Period. And looking at. Yup. I’m waiting. Just peak at it. I’m holding tight but as you can see DJI are out for us folk. They know we are hear. They know my darn blood type. Lol. Time for my medication lmao.
Godspeed and goodnight. A very interesting time this has been. And will continue to be. -Droniac

Reactions: toadmeister2k

I'm with you. DJI has taken its customers for granted. Like you stated, this is an immature release. They discontinued the Smart Controler. I called to find out if the new Smart Controller will be backward compatible. They would not answer the question. I can only shake my head and wait. I want to get the new controller, but I have all the previous generations of their drones and their controllers looking at me. This is one botched roll-out! DJI should understand we are their #1 lobby with the FCC and politicians biting at their heels. DJI is working hard to make loyal customers unhappy.

I'm with you. DJI has taken its customers for granted. Like you stated, this is an immature release. They discontinued the Smart Controler. I called to find out if the new Smart Controller will be backward compatible. They would not answer the question. I can only shake my head and wait. I want to get the new controller, but I have all the previous generations of their drones and their controllers looking at me. This is one botched roll-out! DJI should understand we are their #1 lobby with the FCC and politicians biting at their heels. DJI is working hard to make loyal customers unhappy.
At over 50% of the market share they came forward with big shoulders. The email to me suggests the same. Even the actual roll out seemed somewhat contrived. I could be wrong of course, but to stabilize their stable the M2P is and has been out of stock along with zoom and the SC. Between the money they spend on backroom on expert abacus counters and think-tanks of fine marketing minds know just what they’re doing. Imo. I’vevmade it known I feel it’s deceptive being only one perspective. They are good at this. Very deliberate. Give it a name. It sucks. Godspeed, Droniac

My first flight with the Fly app, and I am very disappointed. A huge step or two backward from GO4 and the P4P.

Fly app is a no go for me in regards to the M3.
I‘ll just stay with the old Go4. When that disappears, on to a different hobby.

Reactions: Droniac

Fly app version 1.5.0 works great on my mavic air 2, and tripltek tablet.
Ran through three batteries after upgrading from 1.4.0 to the current 1.5.0.
No issues for me so far.

Reactions: RMS001 and Droniac
It's just an abandoned cart email. You looked at the item, you probably put it in your cart and deleted it, and they have an automation running to try and salvage the sale. Common practice.

You may be on to something here. Let's pick a day, and all of us abandon the M3 in our shopping carts simultaneosly!

They haven't even updated the Mini 2 yet either.

Bought my dream car and as I took delivery the dealer told me it didn’t have a transmission. They were expecting transmissions in January. Maybe.
Isn’t that a bit of an overstatement, Bill. Transmission?? That car isn’t going to budge without the transmission, but it is missing all of those in-dash photo and video extras, though. 🤣 But the M3 will fly, and will it fly! Just having some fun with you, Bill, I feel ya. I got mine yesterday and I‘m missing all of those goodies too. Doesn’t change my decision to buy now though; I’m OK with waiting for the firmware, it’s still a hell of a drone right now and I get some flight familiarization time while waiting. Happy flying 👍🏾

Bought my dream car and as I took delivery the dealer told me it didn’t have a transmission. They were expecting transmissions in January. Maybe.

That is a gross exaggeration compared to what DJI is doing. If you want to use that analogy, it would be like DJI was selling the drone without motors or something that otherwise rendered it inoperable at a most basic level. That is far from the case. Out of the box, the vast majority of the features are available and people will be able fly the drone and take excellent quality video straight away. The automotive industry is also famous for adding features after the fact.

What DJI is doing is very common across many industries, especially electronics industries. It offers the best of both worlds because people who want the drone sooner can have it, and people who want to wait can wait. The list of upcoming features is available to everyone before deciding to purchase. This way, DJI satisfies the largest number of customers which is the right thing to do, and commonly done elsewhere.

I know you're probably joking, but these comments make it sound like DJI is forcing people to purchase the product, which couldn't be farther from the truth. You are free to wait if you aren't happy with the current value proposition. There is no downside to what DJI has done as it makes the highest number of customers happy.

Reactions: sar104
Come on... the most important thing to keep in mind is DJI fairly prices their drones and their repairs for that matter. I really don't think anyone disagrees with that. Lay it on me if you feel differently :)

Only DJI can get away with selling a partially filled vessel and people eat it up. Beats me! It is apparent to me that they rushed it to market for the holiday season, with promises to complete the order in the future. What chutzpah. (for those of you not in the know- that means arrogance and gaul). China really is eating our lunch.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elikruj