DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Neo (a new 149 gram drone)

We should only be that lucky. I mean, why not all DJI drones work this way? I really doubt you can plug in a hard drive or SSD and pull the data from the memory of any drone and when it's done, erase the files off the drone itself. I think you're going to need a computer. And, how long will it take to copy 20g files from the drone to an HDD, 30 minutes?
I would expect it would have to have quick transfer, especially without a removable sd card. I can transfer a lot of data very quickly with all my birds using quick transfer.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I would expect it would have to have quick transfer, especially without a removable sd card. I can transfer a lot of data very quickly with all my birds using quick transfer.
Yeah hope so; that should help with the speed.

@AnzacJack, sadly it won't work. I have the 3TB SSD version of the Passport Wireless Pro.

The reason it doesn't work is the drone executes MTP when attached to USB. It doesn't make itself "look like" removable storage.

im hoping this will work with my portable drive
normally i just plug in card in the field and it automatically downloads all the data ready for card to go back into the bird and be reused.
With any luck the neo should just plug in and upload its contents and be ready to go again in short time.
Otherwise itll mean carrying laptop with me to get data off the drone in the field
That drive can move data from a SD card inserted into it. It doesn't appear to have the same functionality for an attached USB drive.
Source: https://products.wdc.com/library/UM/ENG/4779-706000.pdf

• Wow
I've used my Galaxy S20 cellphone for collecting photos and video from trail cameras while in the woods, using a card reader like this one.

An Amazon Fire tablet would be good for that. The 7" model has 32 Gb of storage and can take a 1 TB Micros-SD card. If the Neo shows up as a USB drive, the file manager app should be able to move the files from the Neo to the SD card. And it gives you a 7" screen to view the images & video from the drone.

It's a done deal for me. Camping out overnight tonight at Best Buy (j/k) 😁

I'm a retired engineer... this sort of stuff is just so fascinating, cool, techy-neat for my tastes and interests. I'm excited about all the indoor FPV I can do with this.

Oh, and rumors/leaks are all over the place it will support Manual mode FPV at launch. I really hope this means the FPV RC3... With goggles 3, it would almost have to.

1000018989.jpg

Woah, isn't AU$299 = US$199?

Thanks for posting, in case the information disappears suddenly:

Product Overview

• 135 g, Light and Portable
  • Palm Takeoff & Landing
  • AI Subject Tracking, QuickShots
  • Multiple Control Options
  • 4K Ultra-Stabilized Video
  • Full-Coverage Propeller Guards

At 135 g,DJI Neo is DJI's lightest and most compact drone to date. Takeoff and land on your palm effortlessly without a remote controller, and capture cinematic footage with YOU in focus. Soar through breathtaking scenery, indoors and out, and be sure to include everybody in a group photo. Enjoy a fresh perspective on everyday life with DJI Neo.

What’s In The Box
  • DJI Neo Aircraft
  • DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller
  • DJI RC-N3 RC Cable (USB-C Connector)
  • DJI Neo Intelligent Flight Battery
  • DJI Neo Two-Way Charging Hub
  • DJI Neo Propeller Guard (Pair)
  • DJI Neo Spare Propellers (Pair)
  • DJI Neo Spare Propeller Screw
  • Screwdriver
  • DJI Neo Gimbal Protector
  • Type-C to Type-C PD Cable
  • Documents (Quick Start Guide, Safety Guidelines, and DJI Logo Stickers)
  • DJI FPV Remote Controller 3
  • DJI RC Motion 3
  • DJI Goggles 3
  • DJI Goggles N3
  • DJI Goggles N3 Foam Padding
  • DJI 65W Portable Charger
  • DJI 65W Car Charger
  • DJI Neo Intelligent Flight Battery
  • DJI Neo Two-Way Charging Hub
  • DJI Neo Propeller Guard
  • DJI Neo Propellers

Key Features of the DJI Neo​

• 135 g, Light and Portable
  • Palm Takeoff & Landing
  • AI Subject Tracking, QuickShots
  • Multiple Control Options
  • 4K Ultra-Stabilized Video
  • Full-Coverage Propeller Guards

From Your Hand to the Sky Palm Takeoff​

DJI Neo gracefully takes off and lands from your palm. Simply press the mode button on Neo, select your desired shooting mode, and Neo automatically does the rest to capture impressive footage, all without a remote controller!

Take Center Stage with AI Subject Tracking​

Whether you're cycling, skateboarding, or hiking, Neo keeps pace as your personal photographer and ensures you are always in the spotlight. Equipped with AI algorithms, Neo can follow the subject within the frame, so you can setup captivating follow shots with ease.
  • Smart Tracking
  • Direction Track
ItemSpec_value
Aircraft Takeoff WeightApprox. 135 g
Aircraft Dimensions130×157×48.5 mm (L×W×H)
Aircraft Max Ascent Speed0.5 m/s (Cine mode)
2 m/s (Normal mode)
3 m/s (Sport mode)
Aircraft Max Descent Speed0.5 m/s (Cine mode)
2 m/s (Normal mode)
2 m/s (Sport mode)
Aircraft Max Horizontal Speed (near sea level, no wind)6 m/s (Normal mode)
8 m/s (Sport mode)
16 m/s (Manual mode)
Aircraft Max Takeoff Altitude2000 m
Measured in a windless environment when taking off from an altitude of 2000 m and ascending vertically by 120 m, using Sport mode, and from 100% battery level until 20%. Data is for reference only. Always pay attention to reminders on the camera view during your flight.
Aircraft Max Flight TimeApprox. 18 mins (approx. 17 mins with the Propeller Guards)
Each battery allows the drone to perform at least 20 palm takeoff and landing for shoots in succession**
Measured when flying forward at a speed of 2 m/s in a windless environment 20 m above sea level, with camera parameters set to 1080p/30fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Results may vary depending on the environment, actual use, and firmware version.
Measured after DJI Neo is activated, with a fully charged battery and default settings, and using Circle, Rocket, and Dronie modes, and is for reference only.
Aircraft Max Hovering TimeApprox. 18 mins (approx. 17 mins with the Propeller Guards)
Measured when hovering in a windless environment 20 m above sea level, with camera parameters set to 1080p/30fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Results may vary depending on the environment, actual use, and firmware version.
Aircraft Max Flight Distance7 km‌
Measured when flying forward at a speed of 8 m/s in a windless environment 20 m above sea level, with camera parameters set to 1080p/30fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Results may vary depending on the environment, actual use, and firmware version.
Aircraft Max Wind Speed Resistance8 m/s (Level 4)
Aircraft Operating Temperature-10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F)
Aircraft Global Navigation Satellite SystemGLONASS + GPS + Galileo + BeiDou
Aircraft Hovering Accuracy RangeVertical:
±0.1 m (with vision positioning)
±0.5 m (with GNSS positioning)
Horizontal:
±0.3 m (with vision positioning)
±1.5 m (with GNSS positioning)
Aircraft Internal Storage22 GB
Aircraft ClassC0 (EU)
Camera Image Sensor1/2-inch image sensor
Camera LensFOV: 117.6°
Format Equivalent: 13 mm
Aperture: f/2.8
Focus: 0.6 m to ∞
CameraI SO Range100-6400 (Auto)
100-6400 (Manual)
Camera Shutter SpeedVideo: 1/8000-1/30 s
Photo: 1/8000-1/10 s
Camera Max Image Size12 MP Photo
4000×3000 (4∶3)
4000×2256 (16∶9)
Camera Still Photography ModesSingle/Timed Shot
Camera Photo FormatJPEG
Camera Video ResolutionEIS Off:
4K (4:3): 3840×2880@30fps
1080p (4:3): 1440×1080@60/50/30fps
EIS On:
4K (16:9): 3840×2160@30fps
1080p (16:9): 1920×1080@60/50/30fps
Camera Video FormatMP4
Camera Max Video Bitrate75Mbps
Camera Supported File SystemexFAT
Camera Color ModeNormal
CameraEISSupports RockSteady, HorizonBalancing, and turning stabilization off.
When using a 16:9 aspect ratio, only RockSteady or HorizonBalancing can be enabled. Stabilization is not available in 4:3 aspect ratio. When stabilization is turned off, footage captured supports offline stabilization with Gyroflow.
Gimbal StabilizationSingle-axis mechanical gimbal (tilt)
Gimbal Mechanical RangeTilt: -120° to 120°
Gimbal Controllable RangeTilt: -90° to 60°
Gimbal Max Control Speed (tilt)100°/s
Gimbal Angular Vibration Range±0.01°
Gimbal Image Roll CorrectionSupports correction of footage recorded on the drone
Live view correction is unavailable only when using with goggles
Sensing Sensing TypeDownward visual positioning
Sensing DownwardPrecise Hovering Range: 0.5-10 m
Sensing Operating EnvironmentDownward:
Non-reflective, discernible surfaces with diffuse reflectivity of >20% (such as walls, trees, or people)
Adequate lighting (lux > 15, normal indoor lighting conditions)
Video Transmission SystemO4
Video Transmission Live View QualityWith DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller: Up to 1080p/30fps
With DJI Goggles 3 plus DJI RC Motion 3/DJI FPV Remote Controller 3: Up to 1080p/60fps
Video Transmission Operating Frequency2.400-2.4835 GHz
5.170-5.250 GHz
5.725-5.850 GHz
<sup>Operating frequency allowed varies among countries and regions. Please refer to local laws and regulations for more information.
Video Transmission Transmitter Power (EIRP)2.4 GHz:
<26 dBm (FCC)
< 20 dBm (CE/SRRC/MIC)
5.1 GHz:
< 23 dBm (CE)
5.8 GHz:
<26 dBm (FCC)
< 14 dBm (CE)
< 26 dBm (SRRC)
Video Transmission Communication BandMax 40 MHz
Video Transmission Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)FCC: 10 km
CE: 6 km
SRRC: 6 km
MIC: 6 km
The data was measured in an unobstructed outdoor environment free of interference and showed the farthest communication range for one-way, non-return flights under each standard. The maximum video transmission distance in the actual flight scenarios is limited by the drone's maximum flight distance. Always pay attention to RTH reminders on the live view during your flight.
Video Transmission Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, with interference)Strong Interference (urban landscape): Approx. 1.5-3 km
Medium Interference (suburban landscape): Approx. 3-6 km
Low Interference (suburb/seaside): Approx. 6-10 km
Data tested under FCC standard in unobstructed environments with typical interference. Used for reference purposes only and provides no guarantee for actual flight distance.
Video Transmission Max Transmission Distance (obstructed, with interference)Low Interference and Obstructed by Buildings: Approx. 0-0.5 km
Low Interference and Obstructed by Trees: approx. 0.5-3 km
Data tested under FCC standard in environments with typical low interference. Used for reference purposes only and provides no guarantee for actual transmission distance.
Video Transmission Max Download SpeedWi-Fi: 25 MB/s
Measured in a laboratory environment with little interference in countries/regions that support both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. Download speeds may vary depending on the actual conditions.
Video Transmission Lowest LatencyWith DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller: Approx. 120 ms
Depending on the actual environment and mobile device.
Video Transmission Max Video Bitrate50Mbps
Video Transmission AntennasTwo antennas, 1T2R
Wi-Fi:protocol802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Wi-Fi:Operating Frequency2.400-2.4835 GHz
5.725-5.850 GHz
<sup>Operating frequency allowed varies among countries and regions. Please refer to local laws and regulations for more information.
Wi-Fi:Transmitter Power (EIRP)2.4 GHz:
< 20 dBm (FCC/CE/SRRC/MIC)
5.8 GHz:
<20 dBm (FCC/SRRC)
<14 dBm (CE)
Wi-Fi:Effective Operating Range50 m
Tested in an outdoor open environment free of interference. The video transmission distance varies by operating environment.
Bluetooth ProtocolBluetooth 5.1
Bluetooth Operating Frequency2.400-2.4835 GHz Operating frequency allowed varies among countries and regions. Please refer to local laws and regulations for more information.
Bluetooth Transmitter Power (EIRP)< 10 dBm
Battery Capacity1435 mAh
Battery WeightApprox. 45 g
Battery Nominal Voltage7.3 V
Battery Max Charging Voltage8.6 V
Battery TypeLi-ion
Battery Energy10.5 Wh
Battery Charging Temperature5° to 40° C (14° to 104° F)
Battery Charging TimeWhen Using the Two-Way Charging Hub (60W max charging power): Approx. 60 minutes to charge three batteries simultaneously from 0% to 100%
When Directly Charging the Aircraft Body (15W max charging power): Approx. 50 minutes to charge from 0% to 100%
Charger Recommended ChargerDJI 65W Portable Charger
USB Power Delivery charger
Battery Charging HubInput5 V, 3 A
9 V, 3 A
12 V, 3 A
15 V, 3 A
20 V, 3 A
Battery Charging Hub Output (charging)5 V, 2 A
Battery Charging Hub Charging Type3 batteries charged simultaneously
The number of batteries that can be charged simultaneously depends on the power of the charger used. Using a charger of more than 45 W allows for charging three batteries at once while using a charger of less than 45 W can only charge two batteries simultaneously. Refer to the charging protocols supported by the charger.
Battery Charging Hub CompatibilityDJI Neo Intelligent Flight Battery
Storage Recommended microSD CardsDoes not support storage expansion with an external SD card
DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller Max Operating TimeWithout Charging Any Mobile Device: 3.5 hours
When Charging a Mobile Device: 1.5 hours
DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller Operating Temperature-10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F)
DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller Charging Temperature5° to 40° C (14° to 104° F)
DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller Charging Time2 hours
DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller Charging Type5 V, 2 A
DJI RC-N3 Remote ControllerBattery Capacity2600 mAh
DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller WeightApprox. 320 g
DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller Dimensions104.2×150×45.2 mm (L×W×H)
DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller Operating Frequency2.400-2.4835 GHz
5.170-5.250 GHz
5.725-5.850 GHz
Operating frequency allowed varies among countries and regions. Please refer to local laws and regulations for more information.
DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller Transmitter Power (EIRP)2.4 GHz:
<33 dBm (FCC)
< 20 dBm (CE/SRRC/MIC)
5.1 GHz:
< 23 dBm (CE)
5.8 GHz:
<33 dBm (FCC)
< 14 dBm (CE)
< 30 dBm (SRRC)

What's listed as, "what's in the box" can not possibly be true. That list includes the RC-N3, Goggles 3, MC3, FPV RC3, and a lot more.

There is no way all that (and the ton of stuff I didn't transcribe) is included in the Neo FMC for U$329.

However, I'm hopeful the title is just wrong, and it should be, "here are the accessories supported by the Neo", or something like that.

FPV RC3 caught my eye... 🥰

And im sure incorrect
Online with them now seeing if they will commit to supply what they have listed as whats in the box

Edit
They are going to get back to me as they dont know.
I am guessing the price will be for drone, controller and 1 battery. Still not a bad deal

Last edited:
Just read through the specs posted by @mavic3usa in detail. Assuming they're accurate, a few other things that caught my eye:
  • O4 protocol
  • The charging hub apparently charges in parallel (finally!) if you use a powerful enough charger... cool!
  • All the standard nannies assist: GPS, VPS, RTH, undoubtedly FlySafe db, etc. This will "feel" like a full-on DJI drone.
  • Manual mode!! 35mph top speed. I'll probably buy two, the non-FMC package has gotta be cheap. Hoping a drone-only offering, no battery, shows up... with the Tello at U$129, I'm thinking the naked drone might be ~U$150? A second can be dedicated to Manual training.
In short, looks like DJI put most of the engineering into the physical aircraft, and then just shoved the Avata 2 main board (re-layed out to fit) and firmware into the thing, disabling some features.

This really looks like a Mini Avata 2.

Not a fan per se, just the closest retailer that will be carrying it.

Thanks for the link 👍🏻
With everything I'm seeing so far, I might be joining you at Best Buy or the nearest location to get one of these in hand right away. I can't image DJI can make enough of these to not sell out for the next 90 days....

Normally I wait to buy but it seems this one can't wait.

With everything I'm seeing so far, I might be joining you at Best Buy or the nearest location to get one of these in hand right away. I can't image DJI can make enough of these to not sell out for the next 90 days....

Normally I wait to buy but it seems this one can't wait.

For us long-time DJI veterans, it's cheap. Heck, for us fanboys (definition: Member of MPDC 🤣), a new goggles release at $500 doesn't faze this crowd.

The non-FMC package, if it exists, will be a budgetary rounding error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
熊大熊二