DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Price Increase - Only 5 Days Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Best Buy Canada is offering the Mavic Air Artic White for $1,240 comparing to the Onix Black that costs $1,349.
I wanted the black one but was wondering if the it's worth to pay $122 (after taxes) more just because the color.
I reserved both in store and have 4 hours to decide and pick that up.
Any opinions?

There's a thread on the DJI forums here

China has subsidized affected industries to offset the tariffs. So, why is there a price increase? To make more profits off uninformed customers? Don't be gullible and if they do increase their prices, shop around or wait for the price to go down.

You could buy a $15 black skin and save $$

Price increase? Well if demand drops because price increase’s what usually happens? The manufacturer drops the increase back to a level the consumer accepts as reasonable or consumer buys other products. So if you don’t really “have” to buy, don’t!

Nice! definitely a good deal if you're in the area / US. It would be a bit costly for those of us North of the border to convert to USD, pay shipping, duties, Etc...

Although, if you went the other way, and bought it up here, it be about $1053 USD.
Can someone please post a reference that shows the price increase is imminent, other than a retailer?

From what we have seen/heard it's a price increase across the board in every country DJI products are sold.
Please share where you have "seen" that a price increase is imminent. I have found nothing, other than retailers telling us to "hurry and buy before it's too late".

Reactions: Lbesing
Unfortunately, some products may go up as much as 25%. There are 25% and 10% additional tariffs in play right now. Above are just some of the products that will be increasing as of September 1, 2019.

As an authorized DJI dealer we have no control over pricing. But we're encouraging everyone to purchase on or before August 31, 2019. Any order after that is subject to the new pricing structure.

$1500+ for a drone made in China's labor market must be a huge profit to Dji. If they want to keep selling drones in the US with the current tafiffs, then DJI needs to start working on a narrower margin, not the resellers.

Reactions: JS1600
Please share where you have "seen" that a price increase is imminent. I have found nothing, other than retailers telling us to "hurry and buy before it's too late".
Good point about “where you’ve seen price increases other than retailers”.
My point as an end user is: if you don’t need these products to make money you don’t “have” to have them. I think most of the contributors here are hobbyist, I know I am. If Dji or any other manufacturer raises it price to a point unacceptable to me I’ll keep my cash. I’m a hobbyist and don’t “have” to have the latest and greatest now. These things change very quickly so what you pay through the *** today is old tomorrow. Let Dji and all the rest give up a little of that already overpricing to continue the demand for their products. Remember “Cash Is King”.

This is very confusing but this is my opinion about how it can work.

For retails sales by "Best Buy", "Florida Drone Sales", etc. DJI sends its products to its American distributor, DJI, USA; or something like that. That distributor pays the tariff to the US Government and then decides (probably under the direction of DJI, China) what percentage of the tariff he paid will be added to the wholesale price of DJI products. Florida Drone Sales, etc, will purchase DJI products at that wholesale price and sell at DJI directed retail prices. Either part of or the full cost of the tariff can be added to the wholesale and retail price or DJI can try to cut the retailer's margin by having the retailer adsorb part of the cost of the tariff. A fair amount of strategizing but not too complicated.

So, here's my question. If I buy directly for the DJI Store in China will the drone still be shipped directly from China and will I be charged the tariff (probably in this case a duty) when the drone is delivered. Second option, will DJI China have an arrangement to be billed and pay the tariff as the drone clears customs in transit to the US. Or third option, will all DJI products be sent to their American distributor, DJI, USA who pays the tariff and then forwards the product on to me.

Last edited:
This could be a bit of the sky is falling so I’m skeptical ... who started this thread?

OK guys you have took an Advertisement and went Political and bashing sellers so it stops here.
The OP got his message out.
IMG_8764.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242