DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Controller

Lady Flyer

Reactions
This is a screen shot of my RC Controller - the one that came with my Mini 3. The App Version is still 1.6.9 - is this supposed to be updating and if so how do I trigger the update?

Admins - if this is in the wrong place - I'm sorry as I was not sure where to put it. screenRecordSettings.jpg

Do NOT update at this time!! There is a terrible bug in it. It gives an error that prevents taking off. Keep it as is until you hear that he bug is fixed. Search "30064 error"

Reactions: Lady Flyer
I have a brand new Mini 3 arriving in three days. It's a replacement unit. The original was upgraded using just the aircraft, the RC remote and WiFi two weeks ago. It was subsequently returned to DJI.

I'd like confirmation from new owners that upgrading the firmware in both the aircraft and the RC controller WITHOUT using DJI Assistant is trouble-free.

Thanks. If all goes well, I'm off on a transcontinental road trip with my new Mini 3.

I have a brand new Mini 3 arriving in three days. It's a replacement unit. The original was upgraded using just the aircraft, the RC remote and WiFi two weeks ago. It was subsequently returned to DJI.

I'd like confirmation from new owners that upgrading the firmware in both the aircraft and the RC controller WITHOUT using DJI Assistant is trouble-free.

Thanks. If all goes well, I'm off on a transcontinental road trip with my new Mini 3.
I can't speak for everyone but I had no trouble with it.

Do NOT update at this time!! There is a terrible bug in it. It gives an error that prevents taking off. Keep it as is until you hear that he bug is fixed. Search "30064 error"

Thanks for the info.
Go into the app settings and set it to auto update.

I did tap check for updates ... tells me it is up to date. But 1.6.9 is not the latest version!

I've installed the latest firmware and Fly app version intended for the DJI RC without any issues. I did this all over wifi, from the DJI RC. I have never tried connecting the drone to Assistant 2.

There is what appears to be a later revision of the Fly app available for download for other devices (phones/tablets), but that's not intended for the DJI RC at the moment, it seems.

Thanks for the input, gang. My replacement Mini 3 arrived today and I jumped through all the hoops and WOW! It flies!

Both the camera and the controller are streets ahead of the Mini 2. I can hardly believe the difference. I did a camera test/manual pano and, even though it's the most boring subject matter imaginable and my first image since I got it working, I'm astonished. It just worked.

1663203735469.png

I was told in another MP3 Group that 1.6.9 is the lastest for the RC Controller that came with my Mini 3. I don't know if this is true or not but it is what I was told!
My RC updated today to:
RC firmware 01.01.0450
App version 1.7.4

Alas it still has the absolute rubbish MapTile satellite maps that are so blurry they are unusable.
The notes just said update to Flight Logs and minor Bug fixes.

Updated to fly app 1.7.4 without issue too. Not tried taking off though

This does seem to have resolved the problem of it taking ages to load when you go into your flight log. It now opens up almost instantly. Previously it took 1-2 minutes before it would display the flight history.

I updated my RC over internet yesterday. I am able to fly OK, but I'm getting some weird pics showing up in the album with dates that are very strange, and nothing displays when they are brought up on the low res preview screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31