DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Serial Decoder

PeRo

Reactions
Does anyone know if there is still a method available to derive the manufacturing date of Mavic 1 / 2 / Batteries from the Serial no.?
A link to the Serial Decoder (DJI SERIAL DECODER) aparently does not work anymore - at least for me ( error msg. below).

If I remember correctly, there was also a document with description of manual decoding = meaning of the digits / letters of the Serial no.
Any idea?

---------------------------------

DJI Serial Decoder​

Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/.sites/38/site25/web/djidecode.php on line 69
No result found
----------------------------------

There was a very old thread that described how someone deciphered the serial number sequence. Back when the Mavic pro was fairly new.
You may be able to find it using the search function here on this site.
If DJI is still using that same serial number system, I could not answer.
There was also a bit of a controversy on the letter”R” being used to identity a refurbished product that I’m not sure was ever resolved.
The decoder does still work on some of their products.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeRo
There was a very old thread that described how someone deciphered the serial number sequence. Back when the Mavic pro was fairly new.
You may be able to find it using the search function here on this site.
If DJI is still using that same serial number system, I could not answer.
There was also a bit of a controversy on the letter”R” being used to identity a refurbished product that I’m not sure was ever resolved.
The decoder does still work on some of their products.

Thanks for the reply. I did already do a search but without success. Maybe wrong keywords so far.
It would be interesting if the decoder does work for others. It should still be good for Mavic 1 / 2 No.

Just checked an old Mavic pro that I have. Scanned the QR code and got the information needed for date of manufacture.

Some information here.

Airdata UAV will list battery (and drone) manufacturing dates.

On my M2 Pro the battery manufacturing date (month and year) can be found in the Go4 app.

Some information here.
Thanks again. No idea why I could not find this post.
However, seems that it decodes for MP1 and never was valid for M2P.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair