DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller Glitch

Woody64

Reactions
My DJI Smart Controller has worked great over the past year. Recently, I am experiencing a frustrating glitch. It keeps switching from camera to video mode which prevents me from getting pics or videos. Flight controls work great. It just keeps switching from camera to video on the touch screen control dot. I end up with about 30 one-second videos because of this glitch. Has anyone experienced this?

I suspect you are accidentally clicking the video record button above the gimbal wheel. First click switches modes when in still, second click starts recording. Same with the shutter button - if in video first click switches mode, second takes an image.

There are variations on this, but I often hit a button when trying to find the gimbal wheel and it stops video or changes modes.

If it keeps changing by itself, the record button may be dirty and sticking in the down position. Try a quick shot of electronics cleaner around the switch to see if that clears it up.

If it keeps changing by itself, the record button may be dirty and sticking in the down position. Try a quick shot of electronics cleaner around the switch to see if that clears it up.
I suspect you are accidentally clicking the video record button above the gimbal wheel. First click switches modes when in still, second click starts recording. Same with the shutter button - if in video first click switches mode, second takes an image.

There are variations on this, but I often hit a button when trying to find the gimbal wheel and it stops video or changes modes.
I'm definitely not doing that. I can lay the controller down on the table and it will click back and forth from camera to video mode. I'll try to clean out around the button you're talking about. Thanks.

I'll try that. I do use spray air to clean out dust. Thanks.
No cleaners, you'd never reach the contacts unless you tear the controller apart.

I'll try that. I do use spray air to clean out dust. Thanks.
Using compressed air may do more harm than good....forcing more dirt further in and the compressed air in a can emits some moisture as well. Just my two cents.

I was referring to the electronic cleaner
I was referring to the statement "I do use spray air to clean out dust".

I also use electric contact cleaner when I can access the device's actual contacts....for instance, potentiometers, switches, battery contacts, etc.

Hi,
sudden malfunction of SC, kept changing in flight between map view and camera view, did not lose control.

Landed , rebooted everything and problem was gone, firmware is up to date drone, M2P , and smart controller

please help
Andries

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman