DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI V01.03.0900 and DJI Assisstant2 V1.1.2 installed but:

marie

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

With much help,from one or two members of this site, I have managed to install the above versions onto PC, and my Mavic Pro. I have followed setup videos on YouTube but still haven't succeeded in changing the altitude limit at 500. When I open up Assistant2 V1.1.2, and go into parameters, Fly_Limit_Height, (unlike the YouTube video) I have an extra column/row that displays 'Common Use Params' this will only change to a value less than 500; as in the YouTube video all the other values will change to 2500. Am I missing a trick?

Any help, advice on settings would be welcome.

Thanks.

Marie.

DJI limit the altitude of the Mavic Pro to 500m as part of it's safety vision.

Can I ask why you need to fly higher than 500m. as the UK Civil Aviation authority limits drones to 120m in altitude ?

Flying at 500m increases the risk of a flyway due to higher wind conditions at altitude compared to those at ground level, sometimes the drone may not have enough power to fight the wind conditions.
It's better to stay lower, where the winds will be lighter

Hiya,
I'm curious that's why. I like to know parameters can be changed, and how to do it.

Hiya,
I'm curious that's why. I like to know parameters can be changed, and how to do it.

If you google it , there are guides to change it

Not sure if this will work anymore, it's quite old and DJI might have modified later versions of the firmware

Thanks for that, I did use this guide, and others, I've downloaded old versions of firmware but even though it looks like it's changed altitude parameters the 500m max remains. DJI must have embedded this coding so deep it can't be changed.

DJI limit the altitude of the Mavic Pro to 500m as part of it's safety vision.

Can I ask why you need to fly higher than 500m. as the UK Civil Aviation authority limits drones to 120m in altitude ?

Flying at 500m increases the risk of a flyway due to higher wind conditions at altitude compared to those at ground level, sometimes the drone may not have enough power to fight the wind conditions.
It's better to stay lower, where the winds will be lighter

example of legal flight when altitude mode needed:

(remote would show 800m in display in that case and setting needs to be changed to allow this legal flight - drone is never higher than 100m above ground)

There is difference between "height over start point" (DJI shows) and "height over ground" - specified by law

Attachments

• flight.jpg
    flight.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: joeywestside

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member