DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Wide-angle Lens attached - Unable to shoot in... almost everything!

As mentioned above I removed both pins and it’s a hit or miss with the system. Some time it worked, like in the video. And other time it detect the lens. I ordered another lens and tried the same thing but the untampered lens always detected by the drone. I haven’t found a way to bypassed the system 100% so that’s why I am not going to tell what I completely did just in case people tried and mess up their drone.
How does the lens stay on without the pressure of the pins? Are you taping it on?

I figured you would have to to keep it secure. I sure how you don't find out removing the pin plates was unnecessary! 🙄 By the way, I had it detect a cheap VND FILTER I bought as the Wide Angke Lens again today while testing V01.00.0500 Firmware. It was the inexpensive StartRC filter pictured. I landed and it looked to be tightly twisted on. Twisted ot off, back on, and has not happened again. I wonder if the outward hooks that hold it on are slightly longer or the hook is a different Thickness or length. Someone will crack this eventually. Good luck.
SmartSelect_20220124-201941_eBay.jpg

I figured you would have to to keep it secure. I sure how you don't find out removing the pin plates was unnecessary! 🙄 By the way, I had it detect a cheap VND FILTER I bought as the Wide Angke Lens again today while testing V01.00.0500 Firmware. It was the inexpensive StartRC filter pictured. I landed and it looked to be tightly twisted on. Twisted ot off, back on, and has not happened again. I wonder if the outward hooks that hold it on are slightly longer or the hook is a different Thickness or length. Someone will crack this eventually. Good luck.
View attachment 142605
It all started when I read a tweet saying you have to remove the magnets in order for the drone to not detect the wide angle lens. So I did that and figured out that wasn’t the magnet they were talking about. 😂 however when I put it on and fly it one day it really doesn’t detect it. I was shocked and couldn’t pin point to why it doesn’t do that. After the latest firmware (.500) i was still able to fly with the lens on without being detected by the drone.

Last week a received my dji wide angle lens. I had no problem in my test run on the M3.

It does add weight to the nose and shifts the CG forward a bit. I am wondering if it will stress the gimble motors over time.

Finally got the wide angle lens working in hyperlapse and other shooting mode!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007