DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Wide-angle Lens attached - Unable to shoot in... almost everything!

As mentioned above I removed both pins and it’s a hit or miss with the system. Some time it worked, like in the video. And other time it detect the lens. I ordered another lens and tried the same thing but the untampered lens always detected by the drone. I haven’t found a way to bypassed the system 100% so that’s why I am not going to tell what I completely did just in case people tried and mess up their drone.
How does the lens stay on without the pressure of the pins? Are you taping it on?

I figured you would have to to keep it secure. I sure how you don't find out removing the pin plates was unnecessary! 🙄 By the way, I had it detect a cheap VND FILTER I bought as the Wide Angke Lens again today while testing V01.00.0500 Firmware. It was the inexpensive StartRC filter pictured. I landed and it looked to be tightly twisted on. Twisted ot off, back on, and has not happened again. I wonder if the outward hooks that hold it on are slightly longer or the hook is a different Thickness or length. Someone will crack this eventually. Good luck.
SmartSelect_20220124-201941_eBay.jpg

I figured you would have to to keep it secure. I sure how you don't find out removing the pin plates was unnecessary! 🙄 By the way, I had it detect a cheap VND FILTER I bought as the Wide Angke Lens again today while testing V01.00.0500 Firmware. It was the inexpensive StartRC filter pictured. I landed and it looked to be tightly twisted on. Twisted ot off, back on, and has not happened again. I wonder if the outward hooks that hold it on are slightly longer or the hook is a different Thickness or length. Someone will crack this eventually. Good luck.
View attachment 142605
It all started when I read a tweet saying you have to remove the magnets in order for the drone to not detect the wide angle lens. So I did that and figured out that wasn’t the magnet they were talking about. 😂 however when I put it on and fly it one day it really doesn’t detect it. I was shocked and couldn’t pin point to why it doesn’t do that. After the latest firmware (.500) i was still able to fly with the lens on without being detected by the drone.

Last week a received my dji wide angle lens. I had no problem in my test run on the M3.

It does add weight to the nose and shifts the CG forward a bit. I am wondering if it will stress the gimble motors over time.

Finally got the wide angle lens working in hyperlapse and other shooting mode!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman