DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI would like you to “See The Bigger Picture” on July 18th – announcement?

So it wasn't a fake new that is wasn't worthless blabbing :)
The main thing that interests me is the price of new mavics and what sensors will they have...

That it is true doesn't mean it's not clickbait or worthless blabbing, "the event is on Aug 23rd" takes 6 words, not a boring 1min30 video.

Reactions: Former Member
Which backs up my point - without knowing details its utterly impossible to judge the product.
And FWIW codec does have an effect as well. The standard compression rates for specific qualities and codecs are published by the creators. DJI chose to use it far under that spec on the MP.
They could do the same again.
These are product announcements, not reviews. Given your attitude, no product announcement, or even a detailed spec sheet, will ever be enough for you. You'll only be satisfied when you get your hands on a product and try it out for yourself.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
These are product announcements, not reviews. Given your attitude, no product announcement, or even a detailed spec sheet, will ever be enough for you. You'll only be satisfied when you get your hands on a product and try it out for yourself.

You're wasting your time with him - I gave up days ago :) I genuinely believe he's just arguing for the sake of arguing. The notion that we don't have any information whatsoever because the most specific, granular details imaginable haven't leaked along with full testing is ridiculous. You will never get anything even close to that pre-announcement. What we do have is an excellent picture of what the MP2 will bring to the table along with it's headline selling features.

Most if not all the details typical of a product leak (I.e. major/key features prominent in marketing materials) are known & confirmed by DJI, and that is what matters to most people at this point in time. I'll be pre-ordering the 1" sensor version if it's going to be on the shelves in time for my upcoming holiday.

Reactions: cdir and Mr. Salty
It would be nice if DJI would leak the release date. I'm gonna wait, no rush. The real reviews will come out about 30 days after the release. I'm sure it'll be a great quad.

It would be nice if DJI would leak the release date. I'm gonna wait, no rush. The real reviews will come out about 30 days after the release. I'm sure it'll be a great quad.

I'm guessing that a few well-known youtubers have been given the Mavic 2 to test, like iPhonedo, and so that he will have a review ready to release the day of the announcement. Hoping so anyway...

I'm guessing that a few well-known youtubers have been given the Mavic 2 to test, like iPhonedo, and so that he will have a review ready to release the day of the announcement. Hoping so anyway...
That has been DJI’s best marketing strategy for the last 4 years!
Nothing better than getting the product to the most popular YouTubers for free advertising as long as their review and release video are worthy time and time again. They received the product at least a month ago. I expect 10 videos minimum or so the first day of release.:D

If you believe the rumors that they have been in mass production since February, you would think the wait shouldn't be too long post announcement. DJI has historically been pretty good with availability not too long after announcement.

If you believe the rumors that they have been in mass production since February, you would think the wait shouldn't be too long post announcement. DJI has historically been pretty good with availability not too long after announcement.
Hmmm. The Mavic Pro debacle is still fresh in my mind and that was 2 years ago. Months of delays and no parts availability. What a nightmare it was. It has gotten better with the air and the spark.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone Master
Generally it is good to wait 6 months to even a year before buying. And that goes for almost every new high tech product, even a car.
I'm anxious to see what is coming but I won't bite. I buy when it has proven to be reliable and worth the money.

Reactions: Former Member
Hmmm. The Mavic Pro debacle is still fresh in my mind and that was 2 years ago. Months of delays and no parts availability. What a nightmare it was. It has gotten better with the air and the spark.

You're right, that is an outlier. Lately it's been OK though. The Air release was very smooth as was the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 if I am not mistaken.

Their latest Mavic Pro 2 ad says "it's about time" which could be a clever double entendre. They are acknowledging the delay, but it could also be about features (extended flight time, timelapse, etc.)

Last edited:
You're right, that is an outlier. Lately it's been OK though. The Air release was very smooth as was the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 if I am not mistaken.

Their latest Mavic Pro 2 ad says "it's about time" which could be a clever double entendre. They are acknowledging the delay, but it could also be about features (extended flight time, timelapse, etc.)

Either that or just a single entendre, "The New DJI Watch." (No DJI watch, I was just using that as an example of how clever DJI thinks its annoying spoilers are :))

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo