DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI would like you to “See The Bigger Picture” on July 18th – announcement?

My main question is how the hell do you fit a circular polariser onto that lens....

My main question is how the **** do you fit a circular polariser onto that lens....

For most of of us, we use ND filters as replacement f-stops. On this generation of cameras though, they're using REAL f-stops! I would suspect that the polarization filter would not be as popular an application. Still, lenses are round, and Hasselblad uses the best optics manufactured by Carl Zeiss. Also, if you look carefully at the pictures, there seems to be a seam at the front of the housing on all of the drones. Could that be a part that could be removed, then replaced with a filtered version? As professional as those two companies are, I can't imagine them not making provisions for filters to be attached, even if it's only a UV/bug filter. Perhaps the square part that we see is just a protective housing. -Can't tell by the picture though (-sigh).

Our questions will be answered shortly.

Last edited:
Jesus...so you see the prices in this ad? That price would be just under $900 US, if I'm not mistaken. Man....I wonder if we're going to see discounts like that? It doesn't even make sense for it to be that cheap....people are going to buy it regardless.
Read the whole article. No one knows what pricing DJI will give us until the announcement and release. Anyone want to speculate until the 23rd? Give me your best estimated price for regular or a fly more, either Zoom or Pro.:D If a fly more is available.:cool:

Reactions: Drone_guy
Read the whole article. No one knows what pricing DJI will give us until the announcement and release. Anyone want to speculate until the 23rd? Give me your best estimated price for regular or a fly more, either Zoom or Pro.:D If a fly more is available.:cool:

LOL.....I guess I got too excited when I saw that sale price!

Reactions: Drone Master
Reactions: Drone Master
5B843141-C6CC-4D8C-B65A-017258070CCB.jpeg Some leaked camera specs,,

Reactions: Former Member
If thats true i need it *now*

20mpixel camera. A 10 bit image file not 8 bit (this is a big thing, especially for D-Log video!). That also suggests a variable aperture.

In other words, far superior to the P4 Pro in every way so i guess they HAVE to announce a phantom 5.

A 20mp / 10 bit / 1 inch sensor camera is going to cost *significantly* more than the other version though.

For most of of us, we use ND filters as replacement f-stops. On this generation of cameras though, they're using REAL f-stops! I would suspect that the polarization filter would not be as popular an application. Still, lenses are round, and Hasselblad uses the best optics manufactured by Carl Zeiss. Also, if you look carefully at the pictures, there seems to be a seam at the front of the housing on all of the drones. Could that be a part that could be removed, then replaced with a filtered version? As professional as those two companies are, I can't imagine them not making provisions for filters to be attached, even if it's only a UV/bug filter. Perhaps the square part that we see is just a protective housing. -Can't tell by the picture though (-sigh).

Our questions will be answered shortly.

ND is handy for video for sure but worthless for stills and i do 90%+ stills. Whereas a polariser is near worthless for video but IS handy on stills (if you know what you want before flying).
IF the leak above is correct and its got a variable aperture that's going to dramatically reduce the need for ND filters and certainly the number of ND filters generally needed.

Its fully possible that Polar and others already have filter sets ready to go from tomorrow and have had them for months.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR