DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI would like you to “See The Bigger Picture” on July 18th – announcement?

Wasn't exactly expecting a $300 price jump, and that's compared to the "fly more" combo...

The 1" Pro version is a lot cheaper than i expected.

Still cant decide whether to see if theres stock or take my chances in shops in KL in 2 weeks.

Same here

I commend them on being able to ship immediately, but I'll be waiting for the bugs to be worked out on new models.

In the meantime, my MP is up for sale on CL

I'm doing a cross-country roadtrip in about a month. Feel like I should place my order ASAP so I have my drone for it! Already sold my Mavic...

$1449, Ouch. I notice there was no mention of the improvements to the RC they must be too insignificant to mention.

The only change i'd like on the RC over the pro would be a magnetic compass heading indicator. Cant see that happening though.

Reactions: Greg Smithski
Mines ordered. From the DJI Store. Got the Pro with Flymore.. Now for the wait!:D

Reactions: mad monkey
Mines ordered. From the DJI Store. Got the Pro with Flymore.. Now for the wait!:D

To me the Pro seems like obvious choice, but I'm curious why others are choosing the Zoom? Are there different specs besides price and literally 1" sensor vs 1/2.3" sensor?

To me the Pro seems like obvious choice, but I'm curious why others are choosing the Zoom? Are there different specs besides price and literally 1" sensor vs 1/2.3" sensor?

Well the zoom version has err zoom. And the dolly feature. And is cheaper.

The cameras are (dealer) interchanegable it seems.

It's a tiny bit bigger than the old MP which may or may not be an issue for some. It is 1mm, 8mm, and 16mm larger in each of the 3 dimensions. May not sound like much but it's the difference between fitting into some bags and not.

Everything else looks excellent is precisely as expected, no surprises. They are using a Sony sensor so they are really milking that Hasselblad name haha.

If I can get one before my trip in early September I will buy one to compliment my Air. 1" sensor on the Mavic body is game changing IMO.

If anyone is wondering the Canadian prices are $1949 and $1649 for the Pro and Zoom respectively.

Last edited:
Reactions: mad monkey
It's a tiny bit bigger than the old MP which may or may not be an issue for some. It is 1mm, 8mm, and 16mm larger in each of the 3 dimensions. May not sound like much but it's the difference between fitting into some bags and not.

Everything else looks excellent is precisely as expected, no surprises. They are using a Sony sensor so they are really milking that Hasselblad name haha.

If I can get one before my trip in early September I will buy one to compliment my Air. 1" sensor on the Mavic body is game changing IMO.

Unless I'm mistaken, it also looks about 200g heavier?

Honestly, I was hoping for a smaller AND lighter package. I got neither!

I guess we will be seeing a new update on the Go 4 app to support these bad boys soon.:)

Unless I'm mistaken, it also looks about 200g heavier?

Honestly, I was hoping for a smaller AND lighter package. I got neither!

Good catch - look like 905g. Not ideal, but unavoidable with larger batteries, larger more robust gimbal, larger sensor/lens, and more features. It's still under 1KG which is a limit for a lot of countries before flying a drone becomes a hassle.

Smaller and lighter would have been ideal but given the upgrades I don't think they could have done it all.

Pro or Zoom, that's the question! ...if money is not important.

Zoom doesn't seem compelling to me... I'd much rather have 1" sensor than optical zoom. Having said that - I'm sure we'll see lots of unique uses of the zoom feature, not sure this dolly/parallax effect.

Reactions: LongRifle
Pro or Zoom, that's the question! ...if money is not important.

Given that the zoom uses a crappy 1/2.3" 12MP sensor, you'd have to REALLY need that zoom for it to be compelling. I'd probably rather crop footage from the 1" sensor or fly closer if I needed zoom that badly.

Reactions: Drone Master
1) can the controller sticks come off like the air controller?
2) Can the pro camera still rotate 90 degrees and shooter portrait/vertical?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15