DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s #DJIAIR2S "No Shadow at noon by Drone"| DARWIN | 4K [2021]

QldKing

Reactions
🇦🇺#DJIAIR2S "No Shadow at noon by Drone"| DARWIN | 4K [2021] Darwin experienced a strange weather phenomenon when the sun was directly overhead and shadows disappeared completely. The Sun angle at local Noon in Darwin was 90 degrees altitude. This means there is effectively no visible shadow on vertical objects. At 12.30pm (ACST 26 OCTOBER), the sun's rays will make an exact right angle of 90 degrees to the ground.

There is something odd when looking at the video, especially when you are looking down on the people playing footy on the oval.
Funny how the eye expects shadows of some sort.
Was odd seeing the shadows under the trees and thinking no shadows, but then realise the shadow is not outside the trees range. I did do a ground based video which I am uploading now which shows it more.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Interesting, thanks for sharing

I use the ZSD app each day to decide how much sunscreen to apply.....and there goes another one!
Sadly, there is an app that can calculate such events for locations between +23.5 and -23.5 degrees of latitude (between the tropics of Capricorn and Cancer).
Thanks for sharing ....for I have never experienced a ZSD.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe