DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI's Geofencing often requires me to go through the steps up to 4 times before the solid blue NFZ turns into the Outlined NFZ. What's the deal?

cgmaxed

Reactions
When my DJI Geo fence goes back to the locked state (the solid blue), I often have to start up the motors, then turn them off up to 4 times each time checking the boxes before I finally get a new unlocked Geo Fence cert in my list. After this 3rd or 4th time, I transfer the new unlocked GEO fence status to the drone. Then , and only then, will the Solid Blue area, turn into the unlocked outlined area.

My question is, why up to 4 times? Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat (turn the motors on, fill out the compliance statement, turn off the motors and repeat, up to 4 times) until I finally get an unlocked geofence status in my list that I can transfer to my drone.

Am I not waiting long enough after I turn the drone on? I live next to an unregulated small aircraft public airport. I could call DJI and get an unlock cert for a year, as I did with my Air2S, but every time I get a new DJI drone, I have to do the unlock process several times by turning the motors on and off until I receive the unlock cert in my GEO Fence list. Is it just an internet or server delay on DJI's end?

I'm not sure how you are getting your permission. I never see a solid blue anything. Maybe this is something more restricted than an Authorization zone? In my case I go to DJI FlySafe and make a request. I live in an authorization zone and apply almost daily. It takes 2-3minutes and my response is virtually instantaneous. I get an email and then connect to my drone and go into the Safety menu if I recall correctly, and ask it to Unlock. I'm flying within 5 minutes without fail. Can you explain what is involved in getting permission for a year?? It would be nice to not do this regularly.

I'm not sure how you are getting your permission. I never see a solid blue anything. Maybe this is something more restricted than an Authorization zone? In my case I go to DJI FlySafe and make a request. I live in an authorization zone and apply almost daily. It takes 2-3minutes and my response is virtually instantaneous. I get an email and then connect to my drone and go into the Safety menu if I recall correctly, and ask it to Unlock. I'm flying within 5 minutes without fail. Can you explain what is involved in getting permission for a year?? It would be nice to not do this regularly.
If I recall correctly, I contacted customer support. I told them I lived next to an airport that was unregulated or unrestricted by LAANC. In other words, I don't need LAANC approval to fly through it's air space. So they sent my message to the department that deals with these type of requests and gave me a Year in which I did not need to request permission to fly there. I think they gave me a year certificate in my geofencing list specific to that airport only. This airport near my house is not a LAANC regulated airport. I have a feeling they won't do it for Airports requiring LAANC. I'm sure someone in the forum will give us some more info.

Regarding Fly Safe. Maybe I'll use that instead of using the DJI FLY APP. I get DJI Geofence clearance through the FLY APP at the time of my flight via the internet at my house or by the internet connection on my phone. I usually don't plan ahead and use Fly Safe.

Just curious ...that small private airport near Naples Fl. butts right up against the Naples Muni airport's Class D airspace, hours 0600 to 2200. Could that have anything to do with the problem?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear