DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do all dji drones suck ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constant updates keep me from flying and now gimble motor error after update !!!

I am selling it .

My parrot bebop always works :)

Are the phantoms Any good or are they problematic like the mavic ?[/QUOTE]
Mavic has been nothing but crap !!

Constant updates keep me from flying and now gimble motor error after update !!!

I am selling it .

Are the phantoms Any good or are they problematic like the mavic ?
Your selling it? Great, see ya. Have a Great Day.

Last edited:
I don't care if the thing will land itself on the moon, I refuse to own a product called "parrot bebop".

Reactions: ifly2high

All 4 of mine are working the way they ought to be....

Just got my MA and only have 2 flights with it.... it does exactly everything they said it would do and no problems with anything app Rc or drone ... BUT I bought it from DJI store and have heard of some bad ones being sold from Amazon land other web places ...
How can buying an unopened new mavic from Amazon seller be any different than an unopened one from DJI. You still get the same warranty too.

My mavic has let me down on 2 winter holidays, been in for repair for camera not working after 2 flights and now gimble error ..

In Costa Rica it said it needed update and would not fly without it!!

I have flown it 5 times at home and it was great .

Just too fragile and too many software bugs .
It will fly with apps other than Dji go.. Dji go is always the first problem in an ongoing series of problems... Litchi is the way to go, every feature one needs to capture great footage, can manage all aspects of the craft as well.

Some people should just stick with throwing freebies and rocks! The Mavic is a fine piece of modern technology not designed for a cave man!!! If yours sucks perhaps it has more to do with user error then anything else!

Reactions: toddintn

I am selling it .

Sooo, how much are you asking your crappy Mavic?

I am selling it .

I've sold my Mavic and the Phantom will follow shortly. I'm leaving DJI for various issues now that a 1 inch 4K alternative on a better drone is available. Like you said, my other drones just work, all the time with only 1 or 2 updates a year. No reason for all the DJI drama.

I work with computers and motorcycles daily and none are prefect so I guess they suck too. My drones (p3 p4 p4a mavic) do not suck.

My mavic has let me down on 2 winter holidays, been in for repair for camera not working after 2 flights and now gimble error ..

In Costa Rica it said it needed update and would not fly without it!!

I have flown it 5 times at home and it was great .

Just too fragile and too many software bugs .
We're taking our Pro and Air to Costa Rica. What were the issues you had? And couldn't you update it once on the internet?

I've sold my Mavic and the Phantom will follow shortly. I'm leaving DJI for various issues now that a 1 inch 4K alternative on a better drone is available. Like you said, my other drones just work, all the time with only 1 or 2 updates a year. No reason for all the DJI drama.
I'm only familiar with the DJI drones (Phantom 3S and Mavic). I see a lot of posts from people wishing DJI had some "real" competition. What is the better drone? I'm interested in knowing.

Hate to pile on with everyone else, but truth is you don’t really seem to want an answer as much as just to rant. If you’re really asking for help, post specifics about your problem. Saying it constantly needs an update is not a problem others can help you with (other than pointing out, as others have, that you could ignore them). You’re pissed because you haven’t gotten a “serious” reply, but you haven’t asked a serious question.

prob a refurb, check your serial 10th digit for an r, most likely bad manufacturing batch back in july 17 from research ive seen. who knows though its a crap shoot in my lurking on a few forums. fortunately i dont have and refurb and havent updated anything since .900, solid bird.

mavic has amazing features, my opinion you get one from a good batch that gets some quality control that gets sent out to promotion - youtube promoters, trade shows etc, some were made in demand, then it slowed down, and they came out with the platnium/air

So I had a damaged gimbal on my MP after a small accident, returned it to DJI under Refresh and got back a whole new unit. After reading your post, checked serial and sure enough 10th digit in it is an “R” — so a Refurb?? The image quality on this unit is horrible but everything works correctly. What do you think I should do??

My experience with both a Phantom 3 Standard and my Mavic Pro Platinum is they work perfectly. I update regularly. At first I had some issues with the app crashing on certain phones but I noticed that updates clear most of that kind of thing up. I think DJI reads complaints and addresses them silently in updates, just a guess. My Mavic responds precisely to my controller. I am impressed. But I am hoping the Autel EVO will be as reliable to provide at least some competition to encourage better customer service and continuing innovation.

I have never had a problem with my MP or my Inspire. Not Even a single crash on the app. Some people should just stick with Drons At Walmart.

Reactions: joejaxvic123

I am selling it .

I have a parrot bebop 2 and it is much more fun to fly than my mavic pro. The customer service for dji is so bad they should not be allowed to do business in the U.S. I had a minor collision and sent it in for repairs. I paid 165 for the repairs and they sent me a refurb. And they denied sending me a refurb and will not recognize the new serial number on my refurb for my dji care refresh plan. Drone magazines should stop advertising DJI to people. DJI is nothing but crap as far as i'm concerned. I will not buy another DJI product. I call parrot and the same person in the U.S. answers the phone everytime and they know my name and who I am without me even telling them. I have yet to speak to someone with DJI that had English as their native language.

For something that complicated and full of unused "fun" features, I am surprised that it works as well as it does. DJI makes a good machine with crappy "customer service". Do your best to shoot around it.
Lastly, after many an expensive purchases, the biggest difference was shifting to IOs and an Ipad Mini. Updates et al have gone quick and flawlessly. I do not use IOs for anything else...Apple is simply overpriced on everything they make. But DJI and Apple are, as stated in their literature, Clearly in-bed together. All others...jut pray for good luck.

Oh, look. Another brand new account jumping on the bashing-DJI-wagon.

Why isn't this thread locked already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute