DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need a new arm?

wombat

Reactions
I hit a tree (my fault) about 6 months ago and only just noticed this (see pic) no problem flying this Mavic so not sure if I should replace the arm, I cannot see any cracks around that area.
I did unscrew the hex screw and held the gap together and then screwed the hex screw back in but it did not hold it down, any suggestions welcomed.

New Arm Maybe1.jpg

That piece is separate from the arm. This is generally caused by the arm repeatedly flexing in the vertical direction. Sport Mode while banking and descending at the same time can cause this. Or fast Sport Mode stops.

If allowed to get worse and not stabilize the arm then the left rear propeller will be allowed to contact the body of the Mavic Pro and start clipping it as the arm will allow enough upwards flex to allow propeller contact.

thank you for that info, I have never used sport mode, so perhaps it was caused when I hit the tree, if that part is separate from the arm where can I get that part so I can replace it ? does that part have a special name ?

You should replace the arm. If you dont want to do it yourself, DJI has a service center in Melbourne. Shouldnt cost much.

I have seen the arm on eBay for about $55 aud, or could I get the part from DJI ?

not sure what is involved with the arm replacement, tried to find a you tube vid but could not find one that gave specific instructions to do the job, I did manage to replace the gimbal plate a while back.

not sure what is involved with the arm replacement, tried to find a you tube vid but could not find one that gave specific instructions to do the job, I did manage to replace the gimbal plate a while back.
Im sure I read some instructions a while ago.
A decent soldering iron was a must.

I'll see if I can find it again.

Take top off 10 screws, lift back carefully to disconnect GPS connector
Unscrew arm 2 inside 1 outside
Desolder 3 wires

Its easy to do, I did it after a crash a few weeks ago...
I noticed that late after the crash, and my mavic was very "shacky" in the air due to this broken part.
Watch some tutos on internet, everything is well showed ans explained! ;)

Hi guys, I cannot find any video's on u tube giving info about this repair

are these the parts ThunderDrones was selling ?

ARMS.jpg

You can "see" here all steps to change your rear arm.

Its really easy, just remove the top cover : 6screws on the top of the cover (4 in the batery compartment and 2 on the rear)
4screws under , beside the gimbal. (2 screws are hidden by a little plate on each si de of the gimbal. Unscrew the plates, ans you'll see the 2 last screws..)

Remove the top cover by pulling it smoothly from the middle, to the rear (be careful of the GPS wire, that you should unplug while removing the rear of the top cover.
Then , pull all the top cover from the rear, and "bend" it smoothly to the front, until the front clips get out.. ( its scarying, because it seems to break, but its OK).

Tben you can see the inside of a mavic! And you can see the fixation of your rear arm. You juste have to unscrew 1 screw, on the articulation (outside), and to screws inside.
Then your arm will get loose, and all you have to do now is remove the 3 wires from the main board.

Just follow these steps from end to Stuart, and you'll have a brand new mavic!

Be sure all screws are well tighten, but not too much or you'll damage the screws holes !

thanks jason38, I have got that video from u tube and now done a screen grab of your post and will follow your instructions

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpknight