DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you compress MA2 video to reduce size?

bottomsup

Reactions
Hi,

I am using a MA2 and the file sizes are pretty huge. I read the Nvidia NVEC H265 codec is very good and my machine supports that. I noticed 1080p60 bit rate in my videos is ~70Mb which is very high. I know there is some quality loss but I'm not a pro. I'm taking videos as a hobby.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am using a MA2 and the file sizes are pretty huge. I read the Nvidia NVEC H265 codec is very good and my machine supports that. I noticed 1080p60 bit rate in my videos is ~70Mb which is very high. I know there is some quality loss but I'm not a pro. I'm taking videos as a hobby.

Thanks in advance
Your MA2 can record in H.265...obviously recording in 4K yields higher quality video but much greater file sizes than 1080p. The H.265 codec is more efficient than the older H.264

Hi,

Thanks in advance
I usually output edited videos at ~15 to 20 mbps and upload them to YouTube. YouTube then further crunches these down to ~5 mbps (1080P) 4K is typically 12mbps on YT. Users also need a decent internet connection to watch higher res video, if the connection is slow TY switches to lower res. I encode with 2 passes at variable bit rate to get the best quality for the lower bit rate.

I usually output edited videos at ~15 to 20 mbps and upload them to YouTube. YouTube then further crunches these down to ~5 mbps (1080P) 4K is typically 12mbps on YT. Users also need a decent internet connection to watch higher res video, if the connection is slow TY switches to lower res. I encode with 2 passes at variable bit rate to get the best quality for the lower bit rate.

can you help me with the settings and tool you use to do that? I have hand brake and it has all these presets.

can you help me with the settings and tool you use to do that? I have hand brake and it has all these presets.
I use an old version of Premiere Pro to edit and export videos. I have not used Handbrake but you can find good information on how to set it in the link below.
Handbrake presets info

I tried searching but came up with no results - but I seem to remember somewhere there was a message how to tell if your computer can process H265 codec .
Any help appreciated.

I tried searching but came up with no results - but I seem to remember somewhere there was a message how to tell if your computer can process H265 codec .
Any help appreciated.
It would be helpful to know a little bout your computer...mostly, what graphics card do you have??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom