DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Apple own the largest drone maker Dji?

I like your correct use of the word their and not there, which is a location not a possessive....
Actually it should be its.

It is interesting that there is so much mis-spelling and improper grammar in many web postings-not necessarily here at these forms-that when someone’s usage is correct it warrants a comment. Just a thought. It’s all about education.

Thanks, friends

Lorin
Not so much about education more about age and speed. We have two highly educated daughters. The oldest (34)
uses proper spelling / grammar and the youngest (30) purposely leaves out consonants, punctuation, and articles etc. Her explanation, “Dad were you able to read and understand my message?” Which of course I could. Her, and I think many of her generation, are happy with quick, easy communication at the expense of proper grammar. Just my take on communication “errors”.

Reactions: FLPilotshark
It is interesting that there is so much mis-spelling and improper grammar in many web postings-not necessarily here at these forms-that when someone’s usage is correct it warrants a comment. Just a thought. It’s all about education.

Thanks, friends

Lorin

do you mean forums?

PER DroneLife back in 2017, they had just learned that Apple computer, the maker to purchase Chinese drone manufacturer, DJI for an undisclosed amount of cash and stock...
No .. Apple don't own DJI
Go back and read that article about the rumour again.
Pay particular attention to the last two paragraphs in the story.

Except that's just a myth.
DJI software runs just as well on Android as it does on iOS.
If you use under performing hardware (Android or iOS) you'll be disappointed.
Isn't the Mavic Pro's operating system built on the Android Platform?

And water when exposed to temperatures 32 degrees or below it becomes a solid,known as ice...o_O
Very good info! And here I thought I.c.e. was just a federal government law enforcement agency! In Phoenix the solid form of "ice" is only existant in these odd shapes boxes we call freezers.

What kind of comment is that? Mavics or any other drone does not have any OS installed. Are you talking about the built-in screen smart controller or crystal sky, because those are the only devices that have Android OS installed.
What was that again? The Mavic Pro does run on the Android platform.within the drone itself... What version I don't know.!

Except that's just a myth.
DJI software runs just as well on Android as it does on iOS.
If you use under performing hardware (Android or iOS) you'll be disappointed.

Meta4 - just my opinion since i have used both to fly and like fly with my Iphone better then with my Android tablet. Thats why i will be grabing a new Apple mini 4ipad.
i HAVE BOTH, A PC & A MAC..

Meta4 - just my opinion since i have used both to fly and like fly with my Iphone better then with my Android tablet. Thats why i will be grabing a new Apple mini 4ipad.
i HAVE BOTH, A PC & A MAC..
I guess that if the app runs better on your iPhone than the (one) Android tablet you've tried, then it's proven conclusively.

ps ... did you read the last two paragraphs in that Dronelife article?

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Interesting indeed. For example, these are "Forums" not "Forms"

Thanks, friends

Lorin

The reason why I ask the question is a lot of there software works a lot better then it does running it on a PC Dji Software.
They even remind ME of each other, they are overpriced products but they are the best and are made solid. They have the same platforms when doing any warranty repair etc, its the same process that you have to go through Dji,
PER DroneLife back in 2017, they had just learned that Apple computer, the maker to purchase Chinese drone manufacturer, DJI for an undisclosed amount of cash and stock...
My personal opinion, I think Apple does have there hands in the cookie jar in either creating Dji software and platform or something...
I totally disagree I think There mav2 line is an extremely good value and in expensive even when you look at what you are getting another big difference is that Apple actually has excellent customer service where DJI is well you know

The reason why I ask the question is a lot of there software works a lot better then it does running it on a PC Dji Software.
They even remind ME of each other, they are overpriced products but they are the best and are made solid. They have the same platforms when doing any warranty repair etc, its the same process that you have to go through Dji,
My personal opinion, I think Apple does have there hands in the cookie jar in either creating Dji software and platform or something...

I am and always have been a PC/Android user. My business partner is an exclusive Apple user. We have been doing business together for over 19 years. We came to the conclusion a long time ago that both OS's and hardware components have the same drawbacks and flaws and both products serve their purpose well at other times. It is boils down to simple a matter of choice.

Same goes, for controlling DJI drones

They certainly seem to have the same business model.

D

They're not.. but for the million dollar company they are they probably wish they were.

Nevertheless Apple has a different approach than Dji when it comes about programmed obsolescence as Apple only gives one year warranty on their ishitty products instead of EU regulations for 2 years.

And this happens since the first iPod that had his battery life expectancy reduced to force people to buy new equipment

But...

I've noticed that my drone has had some erradic behaviour since the care Refresh expired..

It can be a coincidence but, for me it's just strange that the drone sways left or right when it's stalled and I'm moving the gimbal/ caneta with the left pointing finger...

Has anyone had this type of behaviour?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato