DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the mavic pro 1 have APAS (Advanced Pilot Assistance System) to dodge obstacles?

Reactions
Maybe it is not called APAS but this video shows the mavic pro 1 dodging obstacles when it detects an obstacle during active track. I remember mavic pro 1 stopping when there is an obstacle detected. Did they add this feature to mavic pro 1? Is this video true?

I thought the APAS system that came out for the mavic air doesn't work during active track/follow me. I been out of the scene for a while. How much did DJI improve on dodging obstacles with mavic pro 2 and the new mavic air 2 (I saw a youtube video of mavic air 2 dodging in woods. But not sure how reliable it really is.) now that skydio 2 is supposedly great at dodging objects?

It has Obstacle Avoidance - 3d collision avoidance

It has Obstacle Avoidance - 3d collision avoidance

I actually skimmed that page before i posted here. I am aware of the obstacle detection. Just clarifying my question. I remember the mavic pro 1 stops and beeps when it detects an obstacle. Can the mavic pro 1 be set to dodge an obstacle and continue flying when it detects an obstacle in it's flight path? (like the mavic air APAS?). If the mavic pro 1 does have the ability to dodge an obstacle when it detects an obstacle in it's flight path, does this work during active track and or follow me?

I actually skimmed that page before i posted here. I am aware of the obstacle detection. Just clarifying my question. I remember the mavic pro 1 stops and beeps when it detects an obstacle. Can the mavic pro 1 be set to dodge an obstacle and continue flying when it detects an obstacle in it's flight path? (like the mavic air APAS?). If the mavic pro 1 does have the ability to dodge an obstacle when it detects an obstacle in it's flight path, does this work during active track and or follow me?

In the DJI Go4 link

" Enable Obstacle Avoidance in Active Track: If enabled the aircraft will avoid obstacles in Active Track. If disabled the aircraft will just come to a stop. "

InkedMavic-VN-Settings-2 - Copy_LI.jpg

" RTH Obstacle Check: If enabled the aircraft will automatically ascend to avoid any obstacle if it detects an obstacle during RTH"

Last edited:
In the DJI Go4 link

" Enable Obstacle Avoidance in Active Track: If enabled the aircraft will avoid obstacles in Active Track. If disabled the aircraft will just come to a stop. "

View attachment 104777

" RTH Obstacle Check: If enabled the aircraft will automatically ascend to avoid any obstacle if it detects an obstacle during RTH"

Thanks! I don't have the mavic pro in hand so I wanted to confirm this after seeing the youtube video.