DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the phone make a difference in flying? iPhone 6 vs iPhone 10

oceanAddict

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I just received my MM. Had a couple of flights, pretty excited with all aspects except the necessity to take out the phone from case attach to cable, etc. I still have an old iPhone 6 Plus that I could use for flying. Would it be detrimental to any features? Since it's older and thus slower. Do I put MM at risk using an older phone? It would be way more convenient, plus bigger screen is nice.

Thank you all

Hi
I also did not like to keep attaching and removing the phone so now my old iPhone 6s Plus is dedicated to the MM controller. There has not been any issues with using this phone. The only real issue I have would be the same with any phone, that is being able to read the white battery info and remaining flight time against a white background. C'mon DJI - Fix Please.

Ditto. My RC and iPhone 6 Plus work well. I tried the RC with my iPhone X and other than a slightly larger screen, I saw no difference in performance with either DJI Fly or the Go 4 app.

Hello everyone,

I just received my MM. Had a couple of flights, pretty excited with all aspects except the necessity to take out the phone from case attach to cable, etc. I still have an old iPhone 6 Plus that I could use for flying. Would it be detrimental to any features? Since it's older and thus slower. Do I put MM at risk using an older phone? It would be way more convenient, plus bigger screen is nice.

Thank you all

Hi,
I have had my mini since Dec 2019, and my iPhone 6s for 4 or 5 years. Luv my mini and luv my 6s. iPhone 6 is perfect match for mini, short of small screen. I ended up modifying my otter case by cutting out part of the case on bottom so I could make connection without removing case. After a couple of months I decided to buy a refurbished mini iPad 4, just to have a larger screen for these soon to be 74 year old eyes. Very happy with iPad mini and Mavic Mini combination. Then of course you buy the sunshade and then a platform to raise the iPad mini up a few inches. And the beat goes on [emoji3]
PS: I just replaced the original battery in my iPhone 6s, so I can keep it for much longer than apple would like me to.

using my 5S 16GB since i have the MM without any problems. Screen is small but that doesn't bother me (yet). I bought the MM because it's mini and the 5S is a perfect match imho.

Reactions: oceanAddict
I too am looking for an inexpensive dedicated MM remote screen. I have a Samsung S+ which I love, but it lives in an Otterbox which offers great protection for the phone but is a PITA to keep taking in and out of the case for use with the MM remote. I saw somewhere that in order for the "update return to home" position function to work the tablet has to be cellular-enabled (i.e. able to connect to a cell provider), can anyone confirm or refute this?

Thank you all for sharing. Going to try 6 Plus. My concern was that since the older phone is slower I could lose some time in a critical point. Looks like it's not a case.

I use a old iPhone 6 with all apps removed except Fly, Airmap and weather. It stays in the case with the drone.

Reactions: oceanAddict
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev