DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doesn't the FAA have better things to do

Pretty much how most of government works. At an ungodly level of incompetence.

Reactions: cwlewis123
I have no interest in convincing you of anything. I also don't find your claim even remotely credible. And yes - I work for a Federal Agency.
I have been reading this thread with amusement. It was obvious you were a Federal employee when you characterized his remarks as an anti government rant. He expressed an opinion about the FAA not prioritizing their workload efficiently and you, for reasons unknown, took it personally.

My favorite is the post where you say you aren't trying to convince him of anything and yet you took the time to reply to every single one of his posts.

Unless you are an FAA supervisor personally involved in the decision to investigate Chick-Fil-A you really shouldn't be getting so emotional over this.

Back to the original post ... Haven't the fast-food outlets got better things to do than discriminate against their customers?? Let people be people for goodness sake!
And what exactly is their their stance? They are a Christian based company with Christian heritage and values... with no hiring policies based on race, creed or sexual orientation. They do donate to organizations that share their Christian values and that has been the issue that drives the hatred towards their company.
Government at its finest... the FAA :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: ZooCougar
Back to the original post ... Haven't the fast-food outlets got better things to do than discriminate against their customers?? Let people be people for goodness sake!
They aren't "discriminating" against anyone. The CEO of the company donates to Christian groups that believe in "traditional marriage" between a man and a woman. What's inspiring is that because he holds a strict belief in this, his company is being discriminated against. I personally don't care what people do, believe, etc, I just want a decent chicken sandwich. Chic fil a provides that so I eat there. People get WAY too involved in company's, celebrity's, etc personal beliefs. "I won't buy ________ because they believe in ________" or "I won't watch ___________'s shows or movies because they believe in ___________". Who cares?

As far as this exact debate goes, if it's okay to discriminate against Chic fil A for their beliefs or lifestyle then I guess it'll be okay to discriminate against LGBTQ owned companies. The problem is that the Gov't owns the airport, you can't have discrimination if any kind in a Gov't agency. I get so tired of people that scream the loudest for tolerance being the most intolerant!

Look, I love Chik-Filet. Ate there yesterday.But yeah would rather have another restaurant chain in an airport, If I am flying on a Sunday gonna need to eat. Don't shove your religious beliefs down my mouth by refusing to shove food down my mouth by not opening on a Sunday when I am flying.

Yea how dare a private enterprise run their business as they see fit! I wonder if you'd express that opinion if it were a Muslim owned business? Or a Jewish business? There are other restaurants in the airport...

What government owns the airport? I'm not sure but I think its a city owned airport OK maybe city government :rolleyes:

I saw it as a joke. I’m with the guy who said we should all take a breath and go fly.

(Chick-Fil-A’s executives are allegedly big supporters of some anti-LGBT organizations, though, which I assume is the issue, not anything the restaurant itself has done).

My apologies for my role in keeping this irrelevant thread going.

As far as I can tell, they've donated to groups that promote traditional marriage. I don't think they've donated to "anti LGBTQ groups".

What government owns the airport? I'm not sure but I think its a city owned airport OK maybe city government :rolleyes:

Where I live, the county owns the airport, I believe. It's not a privately owned business for sure.

I have been reading this thread with amusement. It was obvious you were a Federal employee when you characterized his remarks as an anti government rant. He expressed an opinion about the FAA not prioritizing their workload efficiently and you, for reasons unknown, took it personally.

My favorite is the post where you say you aren't trying to convince him of anything and yet you took the time to reply to every single one of his posts.

Unless you are an FAA supervisor personally involved in the decision to investigate Chick-Fil-A you really shouldn't be getting so emotional over this.

I'm not sure that's a fair assessment. For one, the FAA isn't ignoring one investigation to pursue this one. The poster even later brings this point up. Secondly, as was explained, the FAA doesn't choose their mandate, it is outlined by regulation and law. Third and finally, why wouldn't everyone want the Gov't, regardless of which agency, to investigate discrimination? What if next year a same sex married couple wanted to open a restaurant in an airport in Alabama but were turned down because they were same sex? I'm guessing you all would want that investigated.

Last edited:
Where I live, the county owns the airport, I believe. It's not a privately owned business for sure.

yeah most of the ordinary airports are city, county, or municipal owned and are therefore regarded as public property. very few private airports around here. i think "in this day and age" many airports sure do try to pretend like they are a privately owned business telling everybody who enters what they can and cannot do...for security reasons of course.

Bird...That would make to much sense ?

Im saying any dept that deals with discrimination is better qualified to investigate this then the FAA who deals with aviation gessh go fly will ya

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7