DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doesn't the FAA have better things to do

Really? What exactly is a "flaming liberal"? Here's an idea. If your post doesn't at least mention drones then consider not posting.
I’m still trying to figure out who are supposed to be the flaming liberals here. I don’t know or care (though I thought it was weird DJIGo4 asked me for my prior 4 presidential votes when I was setting it up), but the reports I’ve read say this was prompted by the president in support of a Christian company, so I guess the original poster was implying that those who are against the FAA’s action are the flaming liberals. Anyway, nobody mentioned ideology before his post, and I didn’t really detect any beyond generalized comments about annoyances with government, which has been a bipartisan position for well over 200 years.

Personally, I knew the founder of Chick-Fil-A, and know his sons (not as well), the current execs. I also think that while this is plainly within the FAA’s jurisdiction as a matter of law, the airport authorities were within their rights to do what they did (which is a different point than I was making here, and not my call).

Gentlemen, let’s get back to the topic please. Thanks.
Can you remind us what that was (not being snarky; every post, mine admittedly included, has been irrelevant to anything drone related). FAA powers? Chicken?

Here’s a shot: Popeyes is the best chicken. No dispute there. But aside from the Spicy Cajun sandwich they occasionally have, CFA beats them for sandwiches, every day. Fight me. And their breakfast chicken mini (a nugget on a tiny bun with a light glazing of honey) is one of the best things ever created.

Last edited:
Truculent but civilized I guess

Not for nothing but we put the mods in awkward positions

It all boils down to there are too many unemployed lawyers with too much time on their hands that sit around and dream up rules and regulations in which they have no or little knowledge of what is going on.
If the rules change ever month or more people will just ignore the rules and fly.
It will be like the 60's when the CB radio craze hit the scene. You had rule book on what to do with ID time and height of antennas.
Then the 55MPH speed limit came out and every dog and his owner had a CB radio in their car.
The rule book went out the door and no one could enforce the laws.

I see this with the drone industry. Keep the rules simple and don't do anything stupid.
Use common sense.

When people ask you about your drone flying tell them the basic.
It's a hobby
I don't fly over people
I don't fly over 400'
I fly it in the line of site.

I did that the other day to a roofing company. They were impressed and ask me where did I buy
my Mavic-2 zoom.
They told me they were going to buy 3 Mavic-2 Zoom with the fly-more package.
I took some pictures of their work on my neighbor's house and sent it to them.
I told them to be sure to register theirs with the FAA and watch the beginner videos I sent them.

With all the companies starting to deliver everything from medicine to food these drones will
populate the skies.

The next few years will be interested.... Now go and have fun and "Don't Do Anything Stupid"

Well I don't understand why its the FAA's responsibility to investigate what restaurants are going to be built at airports. I think this would be at the bottom of the list of things for then to do. How bout they find out why and how a door fell off a plane and hit a house in Las Vegas yesterday

Or why the 737 MAX was ever allowed to fly... Yet the circus act called the government pretend they are legit and think they actually fulfill a purpose. Demand respect no less... LOL.

That's because large swathes of the drone community are almost completely ignorant of the entire subject, and have decided that any attempt to regulate the use of drones is an infringement on their rights.

It also could come from a realistic view of the political nature of all government agencies and their lack of oversight and history of monumental failure and almost zero success.
Rubber stamping corporate proposals is what government agencies owned and operated by corporations do.
Majority of law/regulations/restrictions that are signed off on by government are written by corporations and given to the what ever puppet is on the pulpit that day.
Expecting anything practical or useful from those willing to work for the most inept government in human history is somewhat un-realistic.

It also could come from a realistic view of the political nature of all government agencies and their lack of oversight and history of monumental failure and almost zero success.
Rubber stamping corporate proposals is what government agencies owned and operated by corporations do.
Majority of law/regulations/restrictions that are signed off on by government are written by corporations and given to the what ever puppet is on the pulpit that day.
Expecting anything practical or useful from those willing to work for the most inept government in human history is somewhat un-realistic.

I think that's rather a simplistic generalization. Regulation has been very successful in some areas, less so in others. Aviation regulation for example - the subject under discussion - has mostly been effective, hence the comment that I was responding to. Government ineptness is not responsible for the simply staggering level of ignorance and entitlement displayed by many people complaining about sUAS regulation.

Back to the original post ... Haven't the fast-food outlets got better things to do than discriminate against their customers?? Let people be people for goodness sake!

How exactly has this chain discriminated against anyone?

The owner donated his own money to an organization that believes in traditional marriages.

That doesn’t even tangentially mean that Chic Fil A is discriminating against the LGBTQ community.

If you chose not to do business with any company whose owner had different social or political views than you then you could hardly participate in the economy.

Meanwhile we’re flying drones designed and manufactured in a country that is guilty of countless human rights abuses and props up a rogue state like North Korea that regularly threatens to nuke its enemies.

Reactions: DroningOn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej