DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doesn't the FAA have better things to do

There is so much pettiness in this thread. It also sounds like there is a bunch of flaming liberals. Just saying.

Reactions: JamesD71
That's not how government agencies work. Their responsibilities are given to them by legislation, and they don't then get to pick and choose which to exercise.
The point is that it makes no sense at all that the FAA would be the right agency to give that responsibility to, but rather whatever kind of industry/commerce agency. A restaurant being in an airport doesn't make it an aviation matter...

The point is that it makes no sense at all that the FAA would be the right agency to give that responsibility to, but rather whatever kind of industry/commerce agency. A restaurant being in an airport doesn't make it an aviation matter...

I completely agree. But there's no point criticizing the FAA for doing their assigned job.

Back to the original post ... Haven't the fast-food outlets got better things to do than discriminate against their customers?? Let people be people for goodness sake!

If I read correctly the reason FAA is investigating the airports for discrimination is because they receive FAA money $$$$$$$$

Reactions: dawgpilot
Well I don't understand why its the FAA's responsibility to investigate what restaurants are going to be built at airports. I think this would be at the bottom of the list of things for then to do. How bout they find out why and how a door fell off a plane and hit a house in Las Vegas yesterday
The Bill of Rights doesn’t empower any Federal agency to oversee religious freedom. Just more hogwash from the FAA.

The Bill of Rights doesn’t empower any Federal agency to oversee religious freedom. Just more hogwash from the FAA.
The Bill of Rights doesn’t empower anyone to do anything. The FAA is an executive agency under the president, and it is empowered under Article 2 to execute the laws passed by Congress. And this, apparently, is one of the duties established by Congress. Agree or disagree with this particular action, that’s how it works. If you think the FAA shouldn’t have this power (and that’s a reasonable argument, as some other agency could handle it and let the FAA just deal with things directly related to aviation), tell your legislators to change the law.

Personally, I don’t understand why coins and cash are made by completely separate agencies, but that’s how Congress set it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: dawgpilot
#fakenews

Two main red flags stand out here..
1. The article is from CNN
2. the ACR is an internal only FAA civil rights office. It fields complaints for civil rights violations internal to the FAA, not restaurants in a terminal

Reactions: Slade
Look, I love Chik-Filet. Ate there yesterday.But yeah would rather have another restaurant chain in an airport, If I am flying on a Sunday gonna need to eat. Don't shove your religious beliefs down my mouth by refusing to shove food down my mouth by not opening on a Sunday when I am flying.

I'm sure that they have much better things to do. Unfortunately, this is one of their responsibilities.
If they were investigating discrimination against gays, Muslims, etc., everyone would be up in arms and would be demanding more action! Discrimination is discrimination, period and if the FAA is tasked with preventing it, then they seem to be doing well.

Reactions: cwlewis123
Look, I love Chik-Filet. Ate there yesterday.But yeah would rather have another restaurant chain in an airport, If I am flying on a Sunday gonna need to eat. Don't shove your religious beliefs down my mouth by refusing to shove food down my mouth by not opening on a Sunday when I am flying.
Tell me one thing that Chik fil a has done to promote any type of discrimination? Closing on Sunday? You see that as shoving religious beliefs down your throat? I see it as a tantrum from an uninformed complainer.

Tell me one thing that Chik fil a has done to promote any type of discrimination? Closing on Sunday? You see that as shoving religious beliefs down your throat? I see it as a tantrum from an uninformed complainer.

I saw it as a joke. I’m with the guy who said we should all take a breath and go fly.

(Chick-Fil-A’s executives are allegedly big supporters of some anti-LGBT organizations, though, which I assume is the issue, not anything the restaurant itself has done).

My apologies for my role in keeping this irrelevant thread going.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929