DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doing a faster little video clip...not sure if I'm headed in the right direction

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
We did a trip out west and I thought I'd put together a video clip of Whitefish Montana and Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort. Just tinkering in doing quick Video Marketing Ads and wanting a little feedback on this and see if I'm headed in the right direction ?

If you're selling skiing and snow...you gotta be showing skiing and snow. To think about it another way, would you flip the concept around?

[Camera scene shows a beach and tree line, covered in snow]
"It's December now, but swimming opens up in May!"

When it comes to locations, I think the message needs to match the visual.

With your footage maybe those places have summer activities that can be pitched?

- Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicFlyer2
We did a trip out west and I thought I'd put together a video clip of Whitefish Montana and Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort. Just tinkering in doing quick Video Marketing Ads and wanting a little feedback on this and see if I'm headed in the right direction ?

The fim was dizzying, especially at the beginning with too much going on. I didn't know where to look. Too many pop ups, balloon messaging, jerky hand held camera moves, all over the place. Way over produced. You should look up some of the real promos for ski areas to get some ideas.

Thank you for your inputs. We haven't been out to the slopes in years, just happened to go this summer and hung out at the mountain and rode the lift up. Actually we've never skied the mountains before just locally here and that was years and years ago.
I thought I was trying to cram to much into this. Also the video we shot wasn't the best caliber wish I'd put the drone up instead of using the camcorder.
It's practice practice time for me and try to get some things shot and produced in a more controlled and structured manner. Thank you again for your inputs !

What the others have said is right on. In general, it's going to be hard to sell snow with summer shots. When making advertising content, you've got to show people what you want them to "buy". Also, I would stay away from fancy overlays and graphics unless they are really clean and high quality. Otherwise, they cheapen the production. Also, you don't want too many things going on at once. This will confuse the viewer because they don't know what to look at, and it will distract from the main point of your video. If you look at professional video, it's very often just footage, possibly with text overlaid. Also, try to slow down and smooth out your camera moves. Another thing that could really boost the quality of the video is properly color correcting and grading it, to make the colors look less washed out.

But definitely keep working on it! My first video was probably worse haha! It takes a lot of practice, but if you keep trying new things and learning from each video you make, you'll be making high quality videos before you know it.

Thank you for the insight and encouragement FlyingFilmmaker ! Onward it is...and more practice.

Honestly mate, for all the reasons stated that was a shocker .....but you have had some good constructive criticism above and you will get there with such a positive attitude. Can't give you any technical production advice as I am shocking myself.
Looking forward to watching your progress.
Cheers mate from Down Under.

I'm guessing "shocking" means something different there than here in the US? Unless you're electrocuting yourself on purpose. ;)
Ha ha....the nuances of the English language.

shocking adjective (VERY BAD)​

mainly UK informal
extremely bad or unpleasant, or of very low quality:
What shocking weather!
My memory is shocking.

Although, you weren't far off the mark....had to get an electrician in yesterday. Emergency meltdown in wall power point. I attempted to fix it but thought the better of it as I hate electricity because you can't see it, hear it or smell it (except all of the above during electrocution!)

Interesting profile name. Hertz is a car hire company over (American) over here and I guess donuts are universal.
Are you a traffic cop who drives a Hertz vehicle and eat a lot of donuts? LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman