DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dollar store wet suit for Mavic Air 2

Your statement seems to be conflict with both DJI's own Warrantee and Refresh Program exclusions which specifically state the use of any third-party part and/or accessories voids your warranty. And also what other users have posted from direct conversations with DJI's Customer support.

Using ANY Third-Party Mavic Accessories VOIDS Your Warranty

Yes they have the right to deny the warranty but anyone that has ever had a Skin or a Wet Suit will state the DJI had never denied a Warranty or Refresh Program because of it and we have sold thousands of Wet Suits .. :rolleyes:

If you think about it, what does the wetsuit does not interfere with electronics, motor or signal. Actually protect the drone from elements and actually in my opinion from moderate impacts.
I personally use the wetsuit as a policy that the drone will be fine. Is my investment. I can have the refresh kit, fly in sport mode straight to a wall, destroy the drone and send the pieces to DJI and believe me I will have warranty even if they told me that I fly to a wall at 42Mph. As long as you can recover the drone you will have warranty.

Just don't be fooled. Even if I have a skin on the drone the same thing.

The bespoke Wet Suits are not made of Silicone that would be a disaster.
The Wet Suits are made of Closed Cell Neoprene both 3mm 2mm 1.5 mm based on the form and function of the Wet Suit.

Once you realize that a little water in the power button is all it takes to fully compromise your battery.
You can tell a battery has been comprimised by the flashing power button.

You also have battereis that dont flash but simply swell as they no longer can discharge.

You also have to consider what happens during the flight.
Battery disconnects once the terminals get wet. and no warning just flips over and falls out of the sky.

Or you get a Warning. { The battery can no longer communicate with the controller } seconds latter the drone flips over.

You can compromise a battery in seconds :

Here is the Actual Flight where we learn painfully learn that the Power button must be protected as we compromise the battery ..

I'm a novice drone enthusiast and recently got the Mini 2... On one flight I had an issue where the drone made an emergency landing into a puddle of water :( A few seconds passed before I could pick it up then I powered it off ASAP, removed the battery and went inside to dry everything off. When I reinserted the battery later into the charger to test if everything was the 4 LED's lit up and blinked steadily so I removed it again and put it in a ziplock bag with rice... In your opinion do you think it's permanently damaged or is there a chance it will work once all the humidity is removed? Thanks.

Regardless, I learned unintentional water accidents are possible so these wet-suits are def a great idea.

I'm a novice drone enthusiast and recently got the Mini 2... On one flight I had an issue where the drone made an emergency landing into a puddle of water :( A few seconds passed before I could pick it up then I powered it off ASAP, removed the battery and went inside to dry everything off. When I reinserted the battery later into the charger to test if everything was the 4 LED's lit up and blinked steadily so I removed it again and put it in a ziplock bag with rice... In your opinion do you think it's permanently damaged or is there a chance it will work once all the humidity is removed? Thanks.

Regardless, I learned unintentional water accidents are possible so these wet-suits are def a great idea.
You should be Ok, the weak link on the Mini 2 is the IMU if that is not compromised, you should be fine.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain / Snow

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem