DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don’t shout me down about the CS

Porky

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi all,

I’ve read soooooo many posts on here regarding the CS working with the M2P, now I’m totally confused, that’s not to hard....:oops: I would love to purchase one but now I’m not sure if it’s compatible. Can you just clarify the below couple of question for me please,

1. Is it now compatible with the M2P?
2. I’m looking at the polar pro mount, will this work with M2P controller.

Any help would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
I'm with Porky in wanting a better monitor. $469 is about the best price I can find. Any better deals out there for the crystal sky? I'm leaning toward the mavmount-looks sturdy. Thanks to all.

I'm with Porky in wanting a better monitor. $469 is about the best price I can find. Any better deals out there for the crystal sky? I'm leaning toward the mavmount-looks sturdy. Thanks to all.

I love my iPhone/iPad mini but just can’t see the screen on them. I just want to keep everything small & practical hence why I’m getting the CS but again only the small one. I don’t want to be carrying loads of kit with me into the field or when I’m out on walks;) best price I’ve seen here in the uk is £449 & that’s from dji. The polar pro mount I’ve seen for about £50 to £70.

Reactions: SteelFlyer
I am selling my 5.5 Crstalsky with sunshade and a new polypro mount, charger, 1 battery. Crystalsky used less than half dozen times excellent condition. Selling all for $450, brand new over $600 will ship to lower 48

Reactions: Porky
I am selling my 5.5 Crstalsky with sunshade and a new polypro mount, charger, 1 battery. Crystalsky used less than half dozen times excellent condition. Selling all for $450, brand new over $600 will ship to lower 48

Here you go @dmorgan how can you go wrong with this offer;)

Unless PolarPro has just come out with a new mount, their CrystalSky mount does not work well with the Mavic 2. Because of the rubber joystick holders on the Mavic 2, you cannot get the PolarPro mount all the way in on the controller. I ordered one and just sent it back last week. My solution was to take an old MavMount baseplate and attach the DJI quick-release CrystalSky mount (the one made for the Phantom series). It fits perfectly and now I have quick release.

Reactions: Paul2660
Unless PolarPro has just come out with a new mount, their CrystalSky mount does not work well with the Mavic 2. Because of the rubber joystick holders on the Mavic 2, you cannot get the PolarPro mount all the way in on the controller. I ordered one and just sent it back last week. My solution was to take an old MavMount baseplate and attach the DJI quick-release CrystalSky mount (the one made for the Phantom series). It fits perfectly and now I have quick release.

Oh ############## I’ve ordered it on the above recommendations. When you say “their CrystalSky mount does not work well with the Mavic 2” is it a loose fit or it just doesn’t work. I liked the look of the polar pro bracket cos of its skeleton base, not a solid piece of metal.

Bummer:(:(

Last edited:

I’ve just looked through the below thread, people are saying the polar pro mount kit does work with the M2P controller.

Crystalsky Mounting Bracket for RC Mavic Pro 2 : Not work

No I’m totally confusedo_O

The PolarPro will "work", but as Steelflyer pointed out, it doesn't fit up underneath the lip of the controller due to the rubber housings for the sticks. This is the same design as the Mavic Air controller, which has been out for almost a year, and Polar pro made no change that I am aware of. I sent them several pictures of the issue when I received my MP2, and called them directly, never did hear anything back, beside we will look into it. The sides fit well, but you can get into an issue where you might have your CS/polarpro mount slip up or down since it can't grab the lip of the back of the controller. Personally I love the design of the PolarPro mount, but only use it on MPP.

You could make the Polarpro fit better by grinding down the knobs on the top of the mount that interferes with the rubber stick holders. However then it won't fit well with the older MPP controller.

I went back to the Mavmount 3.1 which easily fits and they have a CS adapter that works well with their tripod head mount.

Paul C

Reactions: SteelFlyer
The PolarPro will "work", but as Steelflyer pointed out, it doesn't fit up underneath the lip of the controller due to the rubber housings for the sticks. This is the same design as the Mavic Air controller, which has been out for almost a year, and Polar pro made no change that I am aware of. I sent them several pictures of the issue when I received my MP2, and called them directly, never did hear anything back, beside we will look into it. The sides fit well, but you can get into an issue where you might have your CS/polarpro mount slip up or down since it can't grab the lip of the back of the controller. Personally I love the design of the PolarPro mount, but only use it on MPP.

You could make the Polarpro fit better by grinding down the knobs on the top of the mount that interferes with the rubber stick holders. However then it won't fit well with the older MPP controller.

I went back to the Mavmount 3.1 which easily fits and they have a CS adapter that works well with their tripod head mount.

Paul C

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your feedback, have you got any pics of the polarpro mount just curious about the part of the frame I might have to modify.

Also have you got a link to where I could have a look at the Mavmount.

Would be brilliant if you have then l can look at the above info in more detail.Thumbswayup

Ok I’ve been looking into Mavmount brackets based in the US they seem to be ok ref other peoples comments on this forum. How big is the ball joint? Looks quite big or is it the right size, not to bulky?

hmmm. seems that the mavmount for the zoom is the best choice. thanks everyone for the input.

I’ve contacted Polar pro via email to see if it is compatible with the M2P controller, I’ll wait for a reply from them.

I know @Paul2660 has already done this but I thought I’d give it another go.

I know someone who should be able to shave part of the top two lugs off if needed.

Fingers crossed.

I'll just leave this here... BTW I tried the Polar Pro mount and it was okay but like many pointed out, it's not perfect. Here's what I did.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan