DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Downtown Phoenix Panning Left" Footage taken with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro H.265 4K

CanyonRunVideos

Reactions
Downtown Phoenix Panning Left was taken with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro showing the reflections of the setting sun against the downtown skyline. This shooting location was absolutely the closest that I could legally fly and of course I had FAA approval for this flight.

Reactions: Thomas B
Downtown Phoenix Panning Left was taken with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro showing the reflections of the setting sun against the downtown skyline. This shooting location was absolutely the closest that I could legally fly and of course I had FAA approval for this flight.
How did you get FAA ok? An app?

How did you get FAA ok? An app?

Hello, I use the AIRMAP app that allows the user to submit a flight plan directly to the FAA using the LAANC system. It’s a great app and it’s also free. You can also use the app on your computer at airmap.com, then go to the menu and click on Customers, then to Pilots.

Kent

Hello, I use the AIRMAP app that allows the user to submit a flight plan directly to the FAA using the LAANC system. It’s a great app and it’s also free. You can also use the app on your computer at airmap.com, then go to the menu and click on Customers, then to Pilots.

Kent
Many thanks for returning my answer. I have actually never used the app although I have it and it and have looked at it while flying but never thought I'd really have to notify them of my flight plans if I am flying in a non restricted areas. I am not interested in testing the limits by flying near the obvious restricted places.

Next time, try a spherical panorama on theM2P as well, or even instead. It's better suited for this type of shot, and allows the viewer to fully zoom in to the image for even more detail. With twenty-six 20MP stills, shot automatically in under a minute, it's the way to go!

Reactions: CanyonRunVideos