DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Case Recommendations for Mini 2, and Beyond

dart106

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi,

With my ever expanding collection of accessories, the Costco combo bag is bulging at the seams. I’m interested in a case that will accommodate the Mini 2, accessories and possible a follow on drone replacement. Extra space for a foldable landing pad, tablet, extra batteries (currently have a 3 port smart charger and 3 batteries ), additional battery’s, etc would be a plus. Thanks for your ideas!

Reactions: Gagey52
I have a Symik A310-MM2DL on Amazon. ($50, also a smaller size) Custom cutouts for Mini 2 and others. Tray under top section for larger items. Works great for me.

Reactions: Scott1961
Reactions: RobertR and dozzn
Hi,

With my ever expanding collection of accessories, the Costco combo bag is bulging at the seams. I’m interested in a case that will accommodate the Mini 2, accessories and possible a follow on drone replacement. Extra space for a foldable landing pad, tablet, extra batteries (currently have a 3 port smart charger and 3 batteries ), additional battery’s, etc would be a plus. Thanks for your ideas!
Take a look at Nanuk... they are pricey but worth the value and honestly, the best case you can get! NANUK Case Official Store | World's Best Protective Case

I like that! I like the idea of not folding the drone up .
Between this case, and the HS110D that I just bought, I've started to question the value of the whole "folding" thing. None of my current drone use cases benefit from foldability at all. Since i bought my Mini-2s, the only times I folded one back up was when I had to ship a couple off to Care Refresh during my early training!

The ability to fold has to increase complexity and manufacturing cost. If it's possible to put a chink in DJIs worldwide dominance of the mid-range market ($300 - $3000), it may well be in the area of a drone that doesn't fold, and uses the cost saving from that to add functionality.

But, YMMV. Have any of you Mini-2 flyers gotten significant value from the foldability itself, as distinct from all of the other awesome qualities the Mini-2 has?

Thx,

TCS

Between this case, and the HS110D that I just bought, I've started to question the value of the whole "folding" thing. None of my current drone use cases benefit from foldability at all. Since i bought my Mini-2s, the only times I folded one back up was when I had to ship a couple off to Care Refresh during my early training!

The ability to fold has to increase complexity and manufacturing cost. If it's possible to put a chink in DJIs worldwide dominance of the mid-range market ($300 - $3000), it may well be in the area of a drone that doesn't fold, and uses the cost saving from that to add functionality.

But, YMMV. Have any of you Mini-2 flyers gotten significant value from the foldability itself, as distinct from all of the other awesome qualities the Mini-2 has?

Thx,

TCS
I totally agree!
I have the Apache case and have included a picture. It’s large but I like it and it works well for me!
If there is ever a time that I take the Mini 2 with me on my bicycle I could always use the case it came with and a backpack.

5F7DB7BE-FCC9-4E67-8C66-64BBAEE9997E.jpeg

Reactions: MikeinMO and Faster
I totally agree!
I have the Apache case and have included a picture. It’s large but I like it and it works well for me!
If there is ever a time that I take the Mini 2 with me on my bicycle I could always use the case it came with and a backpack.

View attachment 142992
May I ask you how did you attached the velcro strap on the case foam for holding the drone?

I totally agree!

View attachment 142992
That's a nice case, a lot nicer than mine.

How much did that cost?

Thx,

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum