DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Case

Hello from the Crossroads of America jgrab1.

As Rattydude77 has stated, it's a pressure valve.

Here's a statement from NANUKS website.

Changes in altitude, temperature, humidity and geographic location create a “vacuum lock” which can effectively seal a case shut. NANUK's integrated auto-pressure valve equalizes this atmospheric pressure difference. Using state-of-the-art technology, the micro vent allows air to pass through while preventing water from entering.

Now you know. :)

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: jgrab1 and RodPad
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

@msinger

WOW, I remember you could buy a case maybe $80.00 and cutting it out to what you needed it to fit.
Didn't matter what it is for.

Never didn't, I'm a professional crashing these birds. I don't think I can fly with the case on it, but If I can't the bird out of the case? :rolleyes:

If I get somebody to smile or laugh it makes my day.

Rod ..

@msinger

WOW, I remember you could buy a case maybe $80.00 and cutting it out to what you needed it to fit.
Didn't matter what it is for.

Never didn't, I'm a professional crashing these birds. I don't think I can fly with the case on it, but If I can't the bird out of the case? :rolleyes:

If I get somebody to smile or laugh it makes my day.

Rod ..
hi Rod i guess that was a case, of your humour ,staying encased ,in the case ,because of the valve

You live on Long Island so traveling around your home turf there is more variations in the atmospheric pressure when the weather changes…

Your case is a Professional Case, used in travel all over, it is intended to keep out dampness, thus the tight fit and good seals…

If you were flying cross-country and by chance opened your case, the typical atmospheric pressure in a commercial aircraft is equal to about 8,000 feet which is about 10.5 PSI. When you return to the ground, the atmospheric pressure is about 14.7 PSI and you wanted to open your case, you would have about 4 PSI keeping your case sealed and it would be the devil to break the seal and open it. So you would then open the valve to equalize the pressure…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4