DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone destroyed. Options?

Reboh613

Reactions
I lost connection with my Mavic air and it actually RTH and as I was headed to the drone there were lawn mowers at the park and you can figure out the rest... it’s in pretty good shape in terms of parts (camera gimbal is perfect) but there is a huge hole in the middle of the drone. What can I do? I didn’t have DJI care. It’s within the warranty. Do I sell for parts? Does it pay to get it fixed? Can they even fix that? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

... it’s in pretty good shape in terms of parts (camera gimbal is perfect) but there is a huge hole in the middle of the drone.
Sorry to learn of your mishap. A huge hole in the middle of anything usually means the end of that thing, but please post a pic so that we can offer a more informed opinion.

Since it Returned To Home, did you walk away from the homepoint mid-flight, or did it do an auto-land due to low battery?

That sucks but if you can solder i would try buying a dummy set drone from ebay for fifty bucks and try and marry them no?

i had Thunder Dronez do a repair for me when i hit a low hung branch at 40+MPH. Bob was good, fast and reasonable. I am still flying that M1P as well as my other M1P

I lost connection with my Mavic air and it actually RTH and as I was headed to the drone there were lawn mowers at the park and you can figure out the rest... it’s in pretty good shape in terms of parts (camera gimbal is perfect) but there is a huge hole in the middle of the drone. What can I do? I didn’t have DJI care. It’s within the warranty. Do I sell for parts? Does it pay to get it fixed? Can they even fix that? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

OUCH. Like someone already posted. You have nothing to lose. Send it back to DJI. Stranger things have happened.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I was headed to the drone there were lawn mowers at the park and you can figure out the rest...

Not sure about figuring out the rest. How far were you from your home point, wouldn't you be right next to it and see lawn mowers mowing?

Reactions: Torcan
Why question is: Why didn't you stop the lawnmowers? I mow at a golf course and a crazy guy running up to me telling me his drone is landing would get me to stop!!!!

You could sell it for parts, I see a lot of them on Ebay.

You could contact one of our sponsors @djidroneservice (they help keep the forum free for us) and get a FREE Evaluation. They will give you an evaluation and pay for shipping. You've got nothing to lose.

www.djidroneservice.com

I've used DDS myself a couple of times and their customer service was outstanding and their work 2nd to none.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair