DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Fruit Picker

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Now this is very slick. This Drone picker can sense the most ripest fruit to pick first. The machine looks like some weird Medusa Robot!:oops:

I seen a similar video that used a tractor with about eight arms and cameras that would reach in to pick the fruit.

It would slowly move down the row while the robot did it's thing.

Sort of creepy to watch. 🤖

I think this is great, but how many times does it have to return over and over again to pick all the fruit?

I think this is great, but how many times does it have to return over and over again to pick all the fruit?

Good question, maybe a few runs at most ?
I guess most fruit will mature within a week of each other, but maybe it's an ongoing process over a couple of months ?

Either way, it would have to be the same with hand picking, otherwise there'd be so much waste with pickers taking early fruit (wanting their pay boosted).

I guess the 2 main advantages of the drone method are reduced labour costs (if there isn't also a labour shortage problem), and extremely good product yield, picking the most good fruit at the right time.

The use for pollination is also very interesting, some places have low bee population levels, this would open up a lot of agriculture in such places.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147