DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone home repairs? Ugh

Costa Rica Guy

Reactions
Good morning fellow pilots. I am using the term loosely when referring to myself, since I just flew my brand new drone into a palm tree going upwards! It came crashing to the pavement and appeared to shatter into pieces. HOWEVER...upon closer inspection it appears ok except that one of the rear rotor arms snapped just before the propeller. The drone still starts up and that rotor clicks and all systems say good to fly so apparently all the connections are ok. It is a clean break and no pieces are missing. As you can see by my name, I live in Costa Rica and not sure what my options are here for part replacement. Most likely will order from US and have someone bring down. My question today is....can this be safely glued back and used? Maybe an industrial glue? Any advice ...including " don't even THINK it" ...would be welcome

You gotta love a "HOWEVER". ;)
Good luck!

I've used locktite for many things and on occasions where the item has broken again it hasn't been where its glued, I use
Locktite 431

But 435 is supposed to be stronger

Last edited:
I'd go with Thunderdrones as Flycaster said. I've only heard good things about him and what he does and I would definitely send mine to him if (heaven forbid) I was to ever crash again. Also if you do decide to do it yourself he may have some helpful tips for you. -CF

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Famousjonny