DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone lost in the Aegean Sea—Cause?

Liny

Reactions
Hi. I lost my mavic2pro yesterday in Greece. I have attempted to attach the flight logs. The battery acted a little janky previously and I had another battery a few months ago short out and stop working while landing. Any thoughts on cause? Thanks.

I was about 3 mins into flight not far offshore and I got a message—Aircraft Disconnected. I waited to see if it would RTH but it did not.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-08-08_[00-22-49].txt
    534.7 KB · Views: 29
Your flight data doesn't give away many secrets.
You launched with a full battery, flew up and out.
And at 135.3 seconds the data just stops, with the battery still good, no extreme movements, no indications of a collision.
It looks like a case of sudden loss of power.
Was the battery at all swollen?

Thank you. Nope not at all. Do you think it’s worthwhile seeing if DJI will do anything?
It would be...if you could send them the battery (which I assume is impossible).
I have to say I'm very concerned about all the M2P (and M2) "sudden loss of power" postings I see, because that means there are even more (older) battery packs out there that could potentially fail. Would be interesting to know what/how they improved the MA2/MA2S packs, because they obviously have performed well enough to continue using the exact same design.

Reactions: Liny
Thank you. Nope not at all. Do you think it’s worthwhile seeing if DJI will do anything?
Without the drone, I wouldn't expect much, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Reactions: Liny
It would be...if you could send them the battery (which I assume is impossible).
I have to say I'm very concerned about all the M2P (and M2) "sudden loss of power" postings I see, because that means there are even more (older) battery packs out there that could potentially fail. Would be interesting to know what/how they improved the MA2/MA2S packs, because they obviously have performed well enough to continue using the exact same design.
I can’t send the battery. What’s the best way to contact them.

I can pay $65 for them to Read the flight logs
Sorry about your drone.

$65 for something that quite a few on here do for free ??????? and, I assume, they are not talking about the DAT on the drone since that is, presumably, 'fishfood'.
Just as a matter of interest what was your reponse?

So sorry for your loss. Hope you had insurance or DJI refresh. If not, you may consider the Mavic Air 2s. It's a great drone.

...Any thoughts on cause? Thanks.
Yeah ... this is very likely a dislodged battery causing a sudden power loss.

At 135,3sec you releases a full aileron stick which had driven up your M2P to 9,3m/s which required a positive roll of approx 34 degrees. Just 0,1 sec after the stick release (blue dotted graph) the log ends ... probably a fast negative counter roll to break broke the battery lose (sudden swelling weaken the attachments) & that cut the power.

1628030844893.png

Did you have anything attached to your craft ..?

1628030873559.png

Sorry about your drone.

$65 for something that quite a few on here do for free ??????? and, I assume, they are not talking about the DAT on the drone since that is, presumably, 'fishfood'.
Sorry about your drone.

Something like I’m pissed but it really didn’t matter. She’s like that is the policy and there is nothing I can do

Yeah ... this is very likely a dislodged battery causing a sudden power loss.

At 135,3sec you releases a full aileron stick which had driven up your M2P to 9,3m/s which required a positive roll of approx 34 degrees. Just 0,1 sec after the stick release (blue dotted graph) the log ends ... probably a fast negative counter roll to break broke the battery lose (sudden swelling weaken the attachments) & that cut the power.

View attachment 132781

Did you have anything attached to your craft ..?

View attachment 132782
I did not. That was perplexing to Me too.

Thanks for all of the replies. This helps and makes me feel vindicated although I need to pay attention to battery swelling. I did check my remaining battery and there is no swelling.

is there a thread on air v pro?

Last edited:
**** that sucks, M2Pro gone. But wasn't it extremely hot lately in Greece? Might be the reason for batteries to fail.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+