DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Maker D.J.I. May Be Sending Data to China, U.S. Officials Say

There seems to be 2 camps here. One camp says DJI can do no wrong, China is a country of angels, and don't believe anything the US Army has to say.

I'm in the camp that says don't trust anything China or DJI do in terms of trying to acquire your data, and they are not angels.
I agree with you. That being said, I doubt anything I do with my drone will be of interest to anyone.
But I strongly support our military to avoid use of any Chinese electronics if possible. What capabilities or limitations on sharing data are there today may be changed tomorrow with a firmware update. The question isn't what is currently done but what the Chinese gov't could "ask" DJI to do for them if the Chinese felt the need. The military needs to be paranoid or they could suffer another "Pearl Harbor".

Reactions: Former Member
I agree with you. That being said, I doubt anything I do with my drone will be of interest to anyone.
But I strongly support our military to avoid use of any Chinese electronics if possible. What capabilities or limitations on sharing data are there today may be changed tomorrow with a firmware update. The question isn't what is currently done but what the Chinese gov't could "ask" DJI to do for them if the Chinese felt the need. The military needs to be paranoid or they could suffer another "Pearl Harbor".
I agree.

There seems to be 2 camps here. One camp says DJI can do no wrong, China is a country of angels, and don't believe anything the US Army has to say.

I'm in the camp that says don't trust anything China or DJI do in terms of trying to acquire your data, and they are not angels.
I say don't trust nobody. Any government is evil by its definition. Yet, we cannot exist without one. So, 'relax and try to get some pleasure' while getting raped by it.

Correction ... One camp that looks at facts and evidence to work out what the situation is.
And another that has no evidence or facts but carries on with assumptions and myths.
The longer you carry on without being able to support your assertions, the weaker your case looks.

Correction ... One camp that looks at facts and evidence to work out what the situation is.
And another that has no evidence or facts but carries on with assumptions and myths.
The longer you carry on without being able to support your assertions, the weaker your case looks.
Maybe to you, but you seem to be the only one complaining about it. That's the facts Jack.

Maybe to you, but you seem to be the only one complaining about it. That's the facts Jack.
You use the word FACTS a lot but don't seem to understand what it means.
Look it up in a dictionary.

You haven't answered a single question.
Go back and try to answer the questions I asked in posts #74 and #78
Or see if you can come up with a single thing to support your assertions.
Until then, I have nothing more to say to you on this topic.

You use the word FACTS a lot but don't seem to understand what it means.
Look it up in a dictionary.

You haven't answered a single question.
Go back and try to answer the questions I asked in posts #74 and #78
Or see if you can come up with a single thing to support your assertions.
Until then, I have nothing more to say to you on this topic.
I don't need to look up the word "fact" in the dictionary. I learned it in elementary school.

It says a lot about your character when you resort to demeaning people to emphasize your point. Do you enjoy being a bully?

Also from post #1
Nice report. Embedding nasty little spyware in addition to product dumping, among their other nefarious business practices. Then recently $150 million goes missing from the corporate cookie jar. What goes around comes around.

I like DJI products, but that's where my admiration for DJI ends.

Reactions: Elude
Really? If you still think your data and personal information is private then you are in for an awakening. DJI is the least of the problem.
NSA, Facebook, Twitter, websites in general take and sell your information on a regular basis. wake up! :)

Really? If you still think your data and personal information is private then you are in for an awakening. DJI is the least of the problem.
NSA, Facebook, Twitter, websites in general take and sell your information on a regular basis. wake up! :)
So the NSA takes and sells private data? Do they happen to sell it to the Communist Chinese government by any chance? I don't think so..

Reactions: Elude
So the NSA takes and sells private data? Do they happen to sell it to the Communist Chinese government by any chance? I don't think so..
Still waiting for a shred of supporting evidence for your unfounded claims ??
If it was as you say, why is it that you can't come up with the goods?

Don't bother replying unless it's with an answer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki