DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone mid flight turned unresponsive

cagliostro

Reactions
Hi guys, my drone mid flight turned unresponsive and gave the sensation that it was being blown by the wind for a second. After that I regained control and it was ok till I was bringing it back in from sea and it did it again. The gimball seemed unresponsive too. Then when it came to land it hit the ground harder than usual as if it hadn’t detected the ground. I didn’t caliberate it before flying. Also my iPad seems slow and low on memory. But normally this never effects it. Any ideas please?! Thanks in advance guys for any help! Oh ps, it said CPU reached max in yellow writing too once...

I would suggest to post your flight logs, plenty of members here who can read them tell you exactly what happened.

Paul C

I wonder if you encountered the same thing I did on Sunday. I wanted to check if my swollen batteries had lost significant capacity so I compared a hover time with a new battery to these two.

Hovering with the new battery to get a baseline, about 12 minutes in, I noticed my video feed stopped. Also soon noticed that battery percentage and voltage went blank, though the progress bar was still moving.
Tried restarting app and reconnecting USB cable, no effect. I seem to have control though with the remote.
When I was done with the baseline test, I started getting firmware inconsistent. I have flown before on the latest firmware so I thought it decided the battery needed updating. Being battery was low, it would not complete. So I put in another battery and it did a full update which I doubt it was just to the battery. I put the baseline battery back in, no call for update.
OA radar disappeared from screen after update though it was still enabled. Turned off and on, then it reappeared.

Txt files of the weird flight were uneventful other than messages when I restarted the app and reconnected USB.

The test with the swollen batteries were uneventful. Maybe one or two minutes loss of capacity compared to my new one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev