DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneControl production release & new features - livestream with remote control

DroneControl

Reactions
Site
www.dronecontrol.co
fyni710qrDYbLlx9RuaaSzUiNHGVh8cCQAZJ-_jT4DIDPxcLsphQkA5cv4Ko-jvhe60Y158gcBR97-GRlxW4woULRVj_NjhJu_kjvkfUM-k-b2CHGodm1IB1r-6YFkBqAsUPFPla

I would like to present our project that we’ve been working on for the past year. It's a control app called DroneControl, developed using official DJI SDK together with their new UX SDK. It basically enables you as a drone operator to start a livestream session to anyone in the World and even let them take control of the drone. The viewer doesn’t need any third party app, as it works via any modern Web browser. While it works best for single viewers, it does support multiple viewers though bandwidth/CPU limitations apply in those cases. This is our third thread (and last :) ), after the closed & open beta release, we've finally decided to release it together with a couple of additional features.

Features​

The following are the main features of this app:
  • 30 minutes per month of free live video streaming with ultra low latency (sub 200ms latency)
  • remote flight control
  • remote gimbal camera movement control
  • remote camera shutter control
screenshot8.png
screenshot4.png

Just click on this Google Play Store button to download the app if interested. google-play-badge.png

For more information on the overall application and service see the official page, especially how it works section.

Use cases​

We've received numerous emails from our users about possible use cases of this kind of technology. Outlining a couple of them:
  • Main drone operator taking care of the flight controls while viewer controlling the gimbal camera and taking screenshots or recording video.
  • Sharing your flight video in real time to interesting parties.
  • Putting out the remote controller in the open and instead using a big PC/TV screen (has support for remote control via PS/Xbox controller).
  • Remote monitoring of drones via main HQ.
  • etc.
screenshot6.png

Supported drones​

Since our open beta release, we've added support for additional DJI drone models and therefore now support just recently added models to SDK. For a full list see a list of supported models under Play Store app description.

Feedback​

We welcome any kind of feedback and encourage you to try the app and get back to us via:

Attachments

• screenshot6.png
    screenshot6.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • screenshot9.png
    screenshot9.png
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • screenshot4.png
    screenshot4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Gagey52
I haven’t used it as all my work is on remote homelands with no internet connections.
Regards

That is quite an offering. I am only seeing this now but I hope the launch went well for you. Great work guys.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54