DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronefans "clamp based" tablet holder - anyone tried it?

Pp09nlk2n

Reactions
Has anyone tried these style tablet holders? Brackets rather than the "plate & stick"?

a6487de6159e81d1eb25e7ecdb5e64e4.jpg

They seem almost better than the MavMount style by being super small but seemingly similar support and distance? Not to mention half the price at only $18

Amazon.com: Drone Fans 3D Printed Mavic Pro Remote Controller 7.9in 9.7in Tablet Support Bracket Tablet Clamp with Dual Rings Won't Block Screen: Toys & Games

0531126098642c87d54e531ea2e321a0.jpg

Reactions: Dmbrody
I saw this recently and considered ordering one but afraid the plastic was really cheap and would break easlily. Did you order this?

I have been using an earlier version of this same clamp when they were simply 3D printed. Has worked perfectly and allows both hands free so I can swipe the screen while holding the drone for a hand take off or land. The fit is very secure and can see the full controller screen. Might not be what everyone wants but it’s perfect for me. Also they are quite strong and I have no fears of it breaking.

6065ba59c6953c768459e24af7a26585.jpg

I have been using an earlier version of this same clamp when they were simply 3D printed. Has worked perfectly and allows both hands free so I can swipe the screen while holding the drone for a hand take off or land. The fit is very secure and can see the full controller screen. Might not be what everyone wants but it’s perfect for me. Also they are quite strong and I have no fears of it breaking.

6065ba59c6953c768459e24af7a26585.jpg
Very cool thanks for the reply. I did some extensive searching and actually found a US based seller of these on ebay purchased one a bit ago. I have the link anyone needs it. From what I could tell there is a slightly cheaper looking version without the scratch resistant pads in the clamp part but being plastic wouldn't scratch anything anyway. But the version I purchased looked like it had the pads and was a little wider at the clamp part as well.
Wanted it for the Mavic to use my note 8 as well as iPad mini. The mavic controller grips the ends of the phone making the top right menu button impossible to reach without pulling it out of the clamps. This phone is a thin bezel design so it creates that problem.
Also I just added a Titan drone Cyclone antenna to my P3A and with an iPad mini, the sunshade and the antenna it makes it pretty heavy and your arms are about to fall off after 15 minutes let alone 23. Those RC's are heavier anyway. I have a DJI harness but it clips on to a place where the whole assembly falls forward and is not balanced at that point. So it doesn't help much. Had been thinking of ways to add straps to my existing harness to grab the top of that remote and to take the weight off actually be useful.
Think this holder will fit the bill perfectly and grab the iPad give me that top support I'm needing. So defiantly a dual purpose purchase for me and if it works, will get plenty of use.

I ended up printing a similar version from this on 3dHub (like air-b&b for people near you with 3D printers). Cost me $5.

They work wonderful. I like them better than MavMount for my needs as they are super light.

I just put some padded tape on the Inside so there was some padding between the plastic and my iPad mini.

Thumbs up

Has anyone tried these style tablet holders? Brackets rather than the "plate & stick"?

a6487de6159e81d1eb25e7ecdb5e64e4.jpg

They seem almost better than the MavMount style by being super small but seemingly similar support and distance? Not to mention half the price at only $18

Amazon.com: Drone Fans 3D Printed Mavic Pro Remote Controller 7.9in 9.7in Tablet Support Bracket Tablet Clamp with Dual Rings Won't Block Screen: Toys & Games

0531126098642c87d54e531ea2e321a0.jpg

Yes they work great for me with my iPAd mini 4 and give me great access to the sticks and all buttons with aNice balance :)

Nice find. Looks like a much better alternative to that OTHER one, that others have said isn’t worth 70 bucks!

Last edited:
For those that are using this - I've removed the top half of the little rubber pads inside the controller so I can use my phone with a small case. Does this holder depend on that rubber piece to stay mounted? OR - will this tablet mount hold a Galaxy S7 if I should happen to have the Mavic and not the tablet I'd get for this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31