DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink for Mavic Air 2 is out!

Ask and you shall receive my friend. Riverside Park in north eastern oregon, taken using Dronelinks beta app with MA2 in 48mp mode.

<iframe src="3D Riverside park" scrolling="no" title="Maps Made Easy" width="80%" height="400" frameBorder ="0"></iframe>
Did you check the raw files and verify it is infact using 48MP?

Can anyone tell me if you can plan waypoint missions on your phone if you don’t have a pc thanks
You can but you have to actually fly to the wayponts first. So say you want to map something out, you have to fly to each corner then mark them.

You can using the DL in your browser, not in the app
So to expound... Inside the app on the phone, you can elect to go to the web app which will open in a browser window (Safari on iOS for example). This is the same as the experience on the PC. I used this feature to remove a couple of setup steps in my 'approach' that weren't working on Sunday in the field while away from the PC. This was certainly do-able, but the iPhone screen size made it a bit difficult. On a tablet size screen, I would imagine that it would be much more effective in the field. I wouldn't recommend trying to create a full mission on a phone, but a tablet should be ok.

People talk about a steep learning curve for DL. I would agree that you have to put in your homework, but after watching about an hour of videos and playing in the web app, I was able to fly some missions and learn what I need to set differently to get better footage for the next time out.

Hope that helps!
Chris

You can but you have to actually fly to the wayponts first. So say you want to map something out, you have to fly to each corner then mark them.
This is only true for the native app in the field. As stated above, you can plan missions in your browser using the same interface that you would on a PC.

Drone Link does not support 48 Super Size Pics ,, However there is A super Script that can be implemented on sketchy code insert but only on the the Most Expensive Plan not even the Elite.

So you can do mapping but with some errors , and I would say its still in Beta ,but moving closer.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

As anovice to this software, there is a bit of a steep learing curve. You have to make sure of "all restrictions" set in both the software app and the drone. For example. I had my drone altitude set lower than the DL app. Mission was "stopped" just after takeoff. It took me a while to figure out was was going on. It's not just point and click. You have to check all parameters. But hey, it is fund and I will be doing more as I learn. Kind of freaky the first time doing autonomous, but cool to watch.

i tested dronelink on the Mavic air 2 and its a very powerful program but the turns and orbits are very poor still ,i think its to do with the virtual stick issue.
see the link to one of my test orbits recently using dronelink ,the same orbit using the fly app is perfection.unless they improve some of this its not useable a lot of the time.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
i tested dronelink on the Mavic air 2 and its a very powerful program but the turns and orbits are very poor still ,i think its to do with the virtual stick issue.
see the link to one of my test orbits recently using dronelink ,the same orbit using the fly app is perfection.unless they improve some of this its not useable a lot of the time.
Hey ninja_geezer,

Would be curious if you could share some more details about the drone speed, mobile device used, environmental conditions in this flight. Maybe share the plan link? Many users get very smooth orbits so curious what the issue was here.

This article covers some of the key notes and questions around jerky movements.

man, maybe it's the whole forum, blocked. Time to find a more welcoming bunch that tolerates simple questions. It's a shame a few bad apples can scare off potential visitors and newcomers.
I agree that a simple, honest reply/question could be answered with a brief reply. You did nothing wrong. Too call that rude is a bit much in my humble opinion. Do not give up on the forum. I have seen your posts before and I believe you have found it useful and friendly. Every society has a wide range of personalities for sure. I do not think an individual member should tell you to "move on". I would love to see one of the wonderful Moderators comment. Stay with the forum. SabrToothSqrl

No worries, I'm still here. thanks. Just trying to be better myself than I was a decade ago on other forums :) getting old!

Last edited:
Hey ninja_geezer,

Would be curious if you could share some more details about the drone speed, mobile device used, environmental conditions in this flight. Maybe share the plan link? Many users get very smooth orbits so curious what the issue was here.

This article covers some of the key notes and questions around jerky movements.
I use an ipad mini 5th gen cell model. virtually calm day ,(rare for where i live) over on the dronelink forum it seems this is the norm at this time !! if you look at some of the feedback its something people are complaining about ,its not just dronelink its litchi and mavern,its the SDK thats the issue apparently.check out the link.

When is the full version Dronelink with Mavic Air 2 support?

Reactions: dronelink
Throw that through a video stabilizer (eg davinci) and it will be smooth but yes what is the point for orbits if the built in DJI works fine. Dronelinks power is in the waypoints.

The Dronelink on the fly PATH function is to me the simplest and safest feature of the entire software.

Simply start the PATH on the fly function when in the field fly exactly to where you want the drone to go and record a waypoint making sure you point the camera at where you want to be looking for each waypoint.

Then once done run the function and it will fly the course.

What I like about it is in real-time you know there are no obstacles and you are high enough.

Word of warning if you use the smoothing curves option make sure you have allowed some room as your path will curve out potentially running into an obstacle. Best option there to prevent an issue is to first time you run hold your finger over the pause button just in case you think you will get into trouble.

But all in all an awesome ability.

Reactions: dronelink
Throw that through a video stabilizer (eg davinci) and it will be smooth but yes what is the point for orbits if the built in DJI works fine. Dronelinks power is in the waypoints.
ran it through filmora x made no real difference .and the point is to demo how poor the drone control is at this time with all the auto flight software with the the /ma2 ....the turns are the same its not just the orbits ,i used them as an example of the lack of control .i think its useless for any cinematic footage at this time.i have tried everything from slowwww to fast .
i have tried litchi ,dronelink and mavern all the same with virtual sticks .

• Sad
Reactions: coneslayer
Litchi doesn't (yet) support virtual sticks.
not sure how it works but i have it in beta ,used it for a few weeks on the MA2 similar jerky moments in turns and orbits.

I can't speak to what you're seeing or using, but Litchi has no waypoint support for the MA2.
have you used the litchi beta for the MA2 ?
become a tester and you can try it out.

have you used the litchi beta for the MA2 ?
Yes, I've had it installed for months now. Unless there's some very recent development that's missed my notice, the state of Litchi with the MA2 is:
1. It does not support virtual sticks, hence waypoints only work with ACs that have native waypoint support
2. The MA2 does not have native waypoint support

Yes, I've had it installed for months now. Unless there's some very recent development that's missed my notice, the state of Litchi with the MA2 is:
1. It does not support virtual sticks, hence waypoints only work with ACs that have native waypoint support
2. The MA2 does not have native waypoint support
yes i know that so when you use litchi at this time its very limited ,manual flights orbits ect ,but anytime soon be using virtual sticks .still will be jerky and that is the point i was making ,i have been swapping videos with people who have the same issues ,at this time there is no way around it.its not for me at this time unless someone can find a workaround. :confused:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661