DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink for Mavic Air 2 is out!

One of our clients uses the Drone Link to Program a mission to take 4000 Pictures of his neighbor hood and than using Agisoft Metashape and coverts that into a 3D Model.

The other Software very similar to Drone Links is the Drone Deploy which is the pro Version of running missions autonomously with the same purpose in mind. The only difference is that if the there is a disconnect the Drone Link will quit the mission and need to be restarted where as the Drone Deploy will continue the mission and than return home.

So imagine getting a 1000 Pictures taken and than it lands and you put a new battery in and it takes off right back to the same spot and starts with 1001 picture without you doing anything more than changing battery and that is the power of Drone Deploy .

Having drone skills is good and when combined with Software knowledge extremely powerful and a chance to make more money with your mapping skills .

Phanmtomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and land on Water.
I looked at that because it is very tempting... but 99 a month for non commercial is really expensive for what it is...

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yes they offer a trial run and that is worth using so you can understand what the Pro Software for that price can do.

Than when you go back to Drone Link you realize what all the hype is about and what you might be able to live without if your just playing around, That way when you get the Super Project that just falls into your Lap and you have the confidence to charge 10 Grand for it , your set and ready to Map it out and make very big wall Murrals ... :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Esa es la forma en que lo entendí (pero estoy luchando por aprender a usar DL). En este video, no menciona el MA2, pero parece que la capacidad del dron no es relevante.
Randy brother nicely done once again perfectly put I just flew two missions today they were off the charts I flew all around my house all around my neighborhood waypoints points of interest you name it just the basic is okay but I'm finding me wanting a little more

Randy brother nicely done once again perfectly put I just flew two missions today they were off the charts I flew all around my house all around my neighborhood waypoints points of interest you name it just the basic is okay but I'm finding me wanting a little more
I've decided to upgrade to Premium for $20 more in order to get the Above Ground Level option (it prolly adds more than just AGL but that alone is worth $20 to me).
According to their forum it works pretty well and since I fly around a lot of hilly terrain it'll be well worth it for me.

Does anyone know if it works with the DJI Smart Controller?
It does indeed work with the Smart Controller, but from my personal experience, and the experience of many I’ve read about on the forums, support for the Smart Controller is usually a revision or two behind the iOS version with DJI Fly, and maybe one revision behind with Dronelink. (In fairness, I think the Dronelink support is on par with iOS right now) but historically I wouldn’t expect that to remain for long.

Clearly they favour iOS over Android as a platform, as do DJI, and this is super annoying to me as I like to run the latest updates and use the latest features all the time.

Can anyone help me?
I have a Mavic mini that I have been using for mapping small areas.
I would love to expand my capabilities and am considering the MA2.
I use OpenDroneMap for creating maps and would really appreciate it if anyone can send me some photos from the MA2 in 48mp mapping mode using Dronelink.
BTW: I count crocodiles and want to know if the extra resolution would enable me to measure the smaller okes from 40m alt mapping missions.
Ask and you shall receive my friend. Riverside Park in north eastern oregon, taken using Dronelinks beta app with MA2 in 48mp mode.

<iframe src="3D Riverside park" scrolling="no" title="Maps Made Easy" width="80%" height="400" frameBorder ="0"></iframe>

Bought it and used it a few times (6). Gimbal movement is no where smooth enough for me, I can do a better job manually. Bought the litchi beta and waiting for waypoints on that.

Ask and you shall receive my friend. Riverside Park in north eastern oregon, taken using Dronelinks beta app with MA2 in 48mp mode.

<iframe src="3D Riverside park" scrolling="no" title="Maps Made Easy" width="80%" height="400" frameBorder ="0"></iframe>
Awesome thanks so much for this really appreciate it.
Maybe its there but if I may ask:
1. What was your flight height?
2. Which software did you process with and what was your processing resolution?

I've bought the drone but am waiting for weather to clear before flying :-(

Awesome thanks so much for this really appreciate it.
Maybe its there but if I may ask:
1. What was your flight height?
2. Which software did you process with and what was your processing resolution?

I've bought the drone but am waiting for weather to clear before flying :-(
It was 200 ft based off of agl not take off point. And the hosting website did the processing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-015013.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-015013.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 23
I just ignored user.

I'm looking for actual feedback from actual users. not to endlessly research something.
people who post useless things like that are what drives others away from forums like this...
Thanks for anyone who uses this and posts a reply. That's how sharing information works. :)
Amen

I bought the Basic option but learned yesterday that it doesn't offer AGL so I'll prolly upgrade to Premium...I fly in a hilly/mountainous desert area and have always wanted AGL since the elevation can change drastically in a short amount of time.
It would be very cool to take off flying low and automatically ascend/descend at full speed in sports mode...but I gotta feeling I'm asking too much from it ?
Thank you. I went all out and got the premium one. I've got some learning to do but I believe it will be worth it. Thanks again.

Dronelink is a solid app. It will definitely unlock the abilities of your Mavic Air 2. I have used Dronelink and Litchi and I have to admit that I prefer Dronelink. I think it is a superior product and the Dronelink development teams are spot on with their progress.

It is worth mentioning here that there are some things to keep in the back of you mind when considering this type of app for your drone......

Dronelink IS NOT a replacement for the DJI fly app. If you want to fly your drone manually you should always use the DJI Fly app. Can you manually fly a drone using the Dronelink app, yes you can but that isn't its purpose. The Dronelink app is for flight automation. I like to use Dronelink for the same reason I like to use a 3 axis gimbal with my action camera's. I can walk around an shoot video with out the gimbal all day but it won't be as smooth and as polished as when i use the gimbal. The same is true for the DJI Fly app.. II can fly a missions all day but they will not be as smooth or as polished as they are by automating that same mission in Dronelink.

The DJI Smart Controller.... This is an interesting use case... The DJI Smart Controller is a solid device for running the DJI apps and manually controlling the drone. It has a fantastic screen very bright, operates extremely well in direct sunlight and also has active cooling to prevent overheating. I own one and use it with my drones and I like it. That being said the DJI Smart Controller is an old device (CPU and hardware architecture around 2015) and to use Dronelink with this controller the Google services need to be side-loaded more for authenticating than for Google play functionality. The modern day hardware and OS capabilities and power are beginning to outpace the old DJI Smart Controller hardware. I have been successful in following the support document from Dronelink (titled: How to Install the native app) and getting the latest version (V2.2.0(2142)) of Dronelink installed on my DJI Smart Controller. The Dronelink developers have done a fantastic job of porting the app over to this older proprietary android like OS on the DJI Smart Controller. I haven't done anything real complicated all of the missions I have flown have been simple orbit, fly a waypoint path or just fly to a series of destinations and return home. I am hoping that Dronelink can keep offering compatibility with the DJI smart Controller but again the technology behind the app may be dependent on power and the underlying ability of the OS and if the OS is old this may not be possible. With that in mind I am also looking to add a more modern controller setup to my toolkit. Like the Default controller for the Mavic Air 2 plus the TriplTek Sunlight Readable Tablet.

Finally the biggest difference between the Dronelink App and the Litchi App is that the Dronelink app uses 'Virtual Stick technology' and the Litchi app does not. The Litchi app will upload all waypoints to the drone prior to the mission taking place where the Dronelink app will actually send commands to the drone during the flight. Hence the drone and the controller need to stay in constant communication and also my suspicion why the Dronelink app may be better suited for a controller and OS that are more modern with more power and capabilities.

Again Dronelink V2.2.0(2142) is out and does support the Mavic Air 2. It a fantastic app for automated flights, you will very impressed with it. Good luck and safe flying

Reactions: CountryGuy
Just to avoid confusion (as this is an Air 2 forum), this is not true for the Air 2.
I am confused now... Can you explain why? As this is a an air 2 forum. This is one of Litchi's many strong points. The Litchi app and drone can lose connection but the drone can continue its mission, instead of disengaging...

I am confused now... Can you explain why? As this is a an air 2 forum. This is one of Litchi's many strong points. The Litchi app and drone can lose connection but the drone can continue its mission, instead of disengaging...
The Air 2 firmware has no waypoint support (beyond what's encapsulated in the Hyperlapse feature). As such, only virtual sticks can be used to fly waypoint missions regardless of the app (i.e. the app implements the waypoints, not the AC). And for any of these, loss of connection will result in automatic RTH, not continuation of the mission.

Reactions: 000
The Air 2 firmware has no waypoint support (beyond what's encapsulated in the Hyperlapse feature). As such, only virtual sticks can be used to fly waypoint missions regardless of the app (i.e. the app implements the waypoints, not the AC). And for any of these, loss of connection will result in automatic RTH, not continuation of the mission.
OK.... my understanding was completely different, ( almost opposite some might say). I was believing that although the Air 2 had some limitations, way points were supported and there was possibly a max of 15 way points per flight path, and if more were needed there could be more than one flight path. Thank you for giving more detail.

Can anyone tell me if you can plan waypoint missions on your phone if you don’t have a pc thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw