DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones flying around

Lol I've been through this before with another member. Myself and a few other members have just fine eyesight and can see their Mavics at max altitude. At 1640 ft it's a tiny black spec on the sky, but it's there, and you can see it move around. Can't be near the sun either -- even sunspots in your vision can cover it up.

Have you actually bothered to try? Be safe if doing.
Not at 1600. I've been over 800 and when I look at the remote and look back up in the sky it's nearly gone. It had to be moving and I had to be looking in the perfect spot to get lucky finding it. So there's no reason to think it would be visible at double that.

Yeah, I've got better than 20/20 vision and I can't see mine at that height. No way, no how.

I've seen one other Mavic buzzing around the park my kids soccer practice was at, but that's the only one. I did have a friend tell me the other day he was driving down a local canyon and he almost hit one that was hovering about 8 feet off the surface of the road.

Ive seen ton at events and places id expect to see them over the years. First random one was coming out of the grocery store a few weeks ago. Heard the faint tell tale sign and looked up to see a MP flying by at about 250ft. Last night as I was leaving a park from a couple flights of my own I thought i heard the faint sound of a drone but didnt actually see anything.

Yesterday a mavic was flying at a park I was in.we waved at each other with our remotes but don't know where he was.

How many of you have seen drones flying around while you were just going through the course of your regular day? Dropping the kids off at school? Going to or from work? Getting lunch? Going grocery shopping? I thought for a moment and I've never seen a drone in the sky other than mine. (Once when my buddy flew his Mavic with me. But that doesn't count.) So how bout you? And if so, how often? I'm in the Dallas metro area too, so it's not as if I'm in an unpopulated area.

I've seen one in the air in my neighborhood, but I know there are a lot of them out there.

It's a big sky. Lots of room for small UAVs.

At least a couple of my neighbors have drones, so I have seen them in the neighborhood. Another neighbor always lets me know I have flown over his house (and jokingly threatens to shoot it down). We also have a park down the street where folks fly their RC planes.

I've only seen 3 other drones in the Bristol area, at Charterhouse on The Mendip hills, at Mells near Frome and a guy a couple of doors away flew a black Phantom clone one evening.

Our golf course has a drone which flies 2 times daily at about 100 feet high. It takes pictures which are analyzed for water and fertilizer stress so that we only water the areas in need. Everyone thinks its me flying since i did video for the golfs website. Even though I'm a drone guy I find it annoying to hear and see while I'm playing, the old members must absolutely hate it.

Saw one on a beach in Wales whilst I was flying mine but no problems. I was watching a young lady flying hers in New Zealand, out to sea with the antennas in a crossed shape. By the time I reached her to tell her to put the antennas straight she had lost the Phantom in the sea as it tried to land because it had lost contact with the controller. So, that's a dry one and a wet one I have seen !!!

No I am retired I do a lot of walking in the countyside, I am always on the lookout for crashed / lost drones. There must be some somewhere???

Had a marathon 45 km run come through our neighbourhood and saw a Phantom flying along overhead about 20 feet up. I saw the 25 year old-ish guy flying it (I've had 2 Ps myself, plus 2 Q500s, a Mavic, Dobby, Spark is ordered, so sensitive to flying and getting abuse) and politely told him he was breaking about 5 laws (in city, in aircraft and hospital NFZ, over people, around emergency responders) He basically looked stunned, told me to f-off and MYOB. This was was a drone brother and basically made me think we need more drone laws! It makes me crazy when I see stuff like this.

DJI_0115.JPG For the past couple of years I've lived on the windward (east) side of Oahu (it's a hard life but somebody has to do it). During that time I've seen a Phantom over my neighborhood maybe a half a dozen times. I often kayak at Kailua beach (see pic), a popular tourist area, and occasionally (often enough to not be surprised) see Phantoms and Mavics there.

Personally I have never seen another in the air, ever. That is probably because I'm always looking for them. I have friends that claim they seen them but still, I've yet to see one!

While on holiday in Italy & Greece I have seen 3 times drones flying in the air while I am also flying. Once in Positano a guy had a Mavic flying and my wife was asking me why I was flying so low....had to do a double take as I have a MP as well and that wasn't mine. Then just yesterday saw 2 drones flying in a very touristy area in Zakinthos island Greece [emoji1112]! Those motor noises are pretty identifiable when you know what they sound like.

Our golf course has a drone which flies 2 times daily at about 100 feet high. It takes pictures which are analyzed for water and fertilizer stress so that we only water the areas in need. Everyone thinks its me flying since i did video for the golfs website. Even though I'm a drone guy I find it annoying to hear and see while I'm playing, the old members must absolutely hate it.
Very cool. I love it when people find cool uses for drones. The technology in these things is amazing.

I've never seen another drone out and about apart from at races, I wonder if the cheaper Spark will be more numerous.

John

I have not done a side-by-side compare, but my Spark seems a lot louder when compared to my MP or P3A. Strangely, it seems almost silent at eye level, but maybe that is a perception thing. But, at 150m+ it is pretty invasive.

Reactions: Budmancan
Sad to say I was flying my phantom 3 pro around my house and landed. A white phantom showed up and hovered over our house. I grabbed another battery and figured it would be fun to get a video of it. Unfortunately I removed the blades and forgot to tighten one. My phantom flipped over and did the dance. The one up above took off and I've never seen it again.
Awee a drone love story that never was...

I saw two Mavics on different occasions while flying mine. There's a lot of restricted airspace around so the likelihood of running into another pilot is high.

I was at the cruise terminal at Freeport, Bahamas this past Wednesday and saw an Inspire 1 buzzing around. It took only a few minutes to find the guy flying it. We had a nice chat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423