DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dual controller flight test MP2

THE CYBORG

Reactions
Thanks to raven swe pointing out that you can have a master & slave controller setup for the MP2, I tested it out today.

My son is a photographer & wanted some photo’s of a local church, the problem is the churchyard is full of yew trees blocking the view so an aerial view was the only option.
I offered him the use of my MP2 but as he has never used a drone before he was dubious & didn't want to crash it.

The solution dual controllers.
I flew to the approximate vantage point with the standard controller & my phone, he took over to fine tune position for the shots he wanted using the smart controller with me prepared to take over if he started to get into trouble.

We tested that if he let go of the sticks on the SC I could take over even when the SC was set as master but forgot to see if the SC over-road the secondary controller if an emergency situation arose.

This is one of his shots before he works his magic on the RAW images he took.

A.JPG

Edit, I know this to dark but it is just a test JPG

EDIT No 2 - He sent me the one he is going to use posted it further down the thread.

Last edited:
your son can also control the camera , ie, you fly with one controller and your son can play with the video and snapshots on the second controller, the only thing the slave controller cant do is change settings

your son can also control the camera , ie, you fly with one controller and your son can play with the video and snapshots on the second controller, the only thing the slave controller cant do is change settings

This was probably a one off, If I did the flying with him on the camera I can picture him shouting fly left a bit no not that far back a bit, to far again.

Unless you fly the drone yourself to compose the shot I don't see it working out so good, video is a different thing so I could see that working, one concentrating on the flying would take some pressure off.

I hope he sends me his final picture so I can criticise it ;) he only left the rejects on my PC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM