DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJ Wes

Reactions
Site
www.litchiutilities.com
On a recent trip to the Netherlands I had the opportunity to capture footage of a few Dutch windmills. I used the footage to create this “Pop-Up” movie with small factoids of the windmills I visited. I hope you enjoy it.

I used the following tools in the creation of this movie:

• Dutch Windmill and Watermill Database: Database of surviving windmills in the Netherlands
• Google Earth Pro: Used to create circular paths which were exported to kml then opened in Litchi’s Mission Hub
• Litchi Mission Hub: Used to create all flight missions
• Virtual Litchi Mission: Used for pre-flight mission proofing
Mavic 2 Zoom: Used to capture video
• SoundImage.org: Royalty–free music and textures by Eric Matyas
• VSDC Video Editor: Used to compile the footage into this movie

Last edited:
On a recent trip to the Netherlands I had the opportunity to capture footage of a few Dutch windmills. I used the footage to create this “Pop-Up” movie with small factoids of the windmills I visited. I hope you enjoy it.

• Dutch Windmill and Watermill Database: Database of surviving windmills in the Netherlands
• Google Earth Pro: Used to create circular paths which were exported to kml then opened in Litchi’s Mission Hub

Wow, that was terrific! Colorful, informative, and smooth. I had the shudders just thinking about if I had my drone that close to those turbine blades even if it was zoomed in! Great stuff!

Reactions: DJ Wes
That is great footage and a very smooth controlled flight. I like the pop-up narration. What program are you using to do that?

Guess I missed it. VSDC video editor... If so, I got the answer, if not, please advised on the pop-up narration. Thanks

Reactions: BigAl07
Guess I missed it. VSDC video editor... If so, I got the answer, if not, please advised on the pop-up narration. Thanks

Yes, I created the "pop-ups" using the VSDC Video Editor. They didn't have a direct way to add them so I manually created them using a combination of:

• A tooltip
  • A sound
  • Scaling
  • A motion trajectory
  • A fadeout
  • Plus, of course, my text
I put that all together into a re-usable "pop-up" thingy that I made use of throughout the movie.

Reactions: TSUPD
Great, that will work awesome for what we do in order to layout the presentation for our audience.
Yes, I created the "pop-ups" using the VSDC Video Editor. They didn't have a direct way to add them so I manually created them using a combination of:

• A tooltip
  • A sound
  • Scaling
  • A motion trajectory
  • A fadeout
  • Plus, of course, my text
I put that all together into a re-usable "pop-up" thingy that I made use of throughout the movie.

Well done! Informative and beautiful to watch.
Wish I could get my footage that clear.
Very impressed. Hope you do more similar to this.
RC

Outstanding...What a great job

WHY are we (The U.S.) not concentrating on alternatives for other sources of energy like this ?

Because the wealthiest citizens with links to the powerful would be hurting themselves $$$$

till the last drop of oil there will be no serious change

Bravo for such fine work...You did a great job and i loved watching it

QUESTION...Did you need permission in advance for filming ?

Was there any problems with locals while there re your work ?

Thank You

Martin.. .. Swings16

Definitely one of the best, most professional drone videos I have seen. Great work!

Incredible, educational, extraordinary and from what.??? The Mavic 2 Zoom....that's why everyone should have one in their arsenal.....

Definitely one of the best, most professional drone videos I have seen. Great work!
Yes it was, I dont know why but when I read it was a Zoom , I got these goosebumps up and down my arms.

Outstanding...What a great job

[..snip...]

Bravo for such fine work...You did a great job and i loved watching it

QUESTION...Did you need permission in advance for filming ?

Was there any problems with locals while there re your work ?

While staying in the Netherlands, I flew a number of times right from the hotel. I had first checked with the hotel staff if that was ok. They didn't have any problems with it. Also, a number of times while I was flying, people stopped by and were really curious about the drone. I showed them my phone so that they could see what I see while flying. They were really interested. Some stayed with me until I landed and I would show them the resulting footage. I also showed the hotel staff whenever I completed a flight from the hotel. They thought that was really neat! I had nothing but extremely positive reactions from people while flying in the Netherlands.

Reactions: ff22 and Twocalf
Thank you for a fantastic film and it was very interesting to read the information data about each mill building

Wonderful video. And I had to check again - the ZOOM. Showing those of us that chose that option were not entirely out in left field.

It was nicely presented but felt a bit dry and academic with little entertainment value. Still if someone is freaky into the subject this could be exactly what they are after. One thing I would suggest is to work a bit on the colour grading.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98